Amazon's New World MMO

Yes, faction change has a 120 day cooldown, I believe.

This game is called EvE Online

Yeah but EVE sucks. :)

Thanks!

Browsed for a bit so will try Falias/Marauders first, and if not just pick Marauders somewhere…

Loving the sound of the Marauders, though. Sounds like the old Midgard faction in DAoC. Charge first, think later! (It was surprising how much that really worked!)

Hey @Harkonis! Boarholme was not nerfed! EXP and skins and skillups for days.

I’ve always wondered why no one else ever had the guts to do what they did though, and implement a full player driven economy inside a game that was less spreadsheety.

Same here. I’ve been wanting a “EVE, but the gameplay doesn’t suck” for a long, long, time. Still waiting.

There’s a lot I dislike about EVE but I love their economy. Or at least from what I remember of it from 15 years ago or however long its been since I last played.

Patch notes are a lot thinner than I’d like, but at least they fixed the important stuff. :)

• Fixed an issue causing Overseer Zane to respawn slower than intended in the “Something to Prove” quest.

Oh man, this was game theory in action. When I went to Overseer Zane’s cave there were 20-30 players waiting for him. No one person could do enough damage to get credit for the quest, but they also weren’t willing to take turns and let someone else go first. It was a side quest anyway, I noped out and went to the next quest in my journal.

• Fixed an issue causing Pastor Walsh to spawn aggressively at the Walsham point of interest (POI).

I came across this one last night doing the quest to kill him. There was a group in the church just murdering him over and over again. When I joined in I never did enough damage to get any experience for it. Did let me complete the quest and so I left them to their xp exploiting.

Did Starstone last night (second expedition) and it was a blast. Got a sweet axe from the final boss, too.

Today, got my first epic gear drop, from an elite at the azoth tree in brightwood. Just 9 more levels until I can wear it 😅

Nice congrats. I totally missed the Starshine quest and had to go back today so I could try it. The dumb thing is the quest line makes you do Amrine again. A whole group of mid 40s trounced it in 20 minutes.

Has anyone played this game as a support class? Just getting started out and have a life staff but trying to figure what has the best synergy for the other weapon slot. I’m reading a lot about handaxe for this and a few votes for ice gauntlet. Maybe it doesn’t really matter for a healer?

I don’t like pairing it with gauntlet because just attacking with it drains mana, let alone the abilities. I want to have the mana available for heals and swap to something else if I run low.

Nothing really pairs with the lifestaff since it’s the only focus weapon. That just means your offhand should have a gem socket so you can slot an Amber, though, which will convert damage to nature and scale with Focus.

I thought there was a passive ability later on that reduces ice gauntlet mana cost? But maybe I’m confused on that.

I hadn’t read about gems and sockets but that sounds like the way to go, thank you!

I’ve been using biggest hammer/big axe with life staff lately. I’m primarily axe/hammer, but i’ve got enough focus to heal myself/others in a pinch and it gives me a ranged weapon to pull/tag. I like it, its been working well

You could drop a gem in one of those that changes it to scale off focus, then shift more attribute points there.

So the damage conversion from gems only scales the converted damage with the alternate stat. So a Amber gem that converts 30% of Hammer damage to Nature will only scale that 30% from Focus. The other 70% will remain scaled from Strength. I was rather disapointed with I realised that.

The conversation caps out at 50%, so you have half the damage scaling off of Focus or Int. That’s not too shabby and a lot better than diverting your Focus into Strength or Dexterity to boost the damage of your secondary weapon.

most that I see are using the gauntlet for mana regen in ice block and just dps and heal with staff