American Truck Simulator and its older sibling, European Truck Simulator

By “the 405 Bridge,” do you mean the Fremont (OK, spotted at 57 seconds)? The one I thought was the St. Johns was at the 23 second mark, but I was wrong, that’s the Yaquina Bay Bridge near Newport. Which are the ones at ca. 10 seconds and 13 seconds? Is the one at 56 seconds the Astoria one you’re talking about, because to me it looks like the one toll bridge across the Columbia called The Bridge of the Gods. Or is the Astoria one the one at 1:03?

Yeah the one at :56 is the one I think is Astoria. It looks like they have the train tracks and shops off to the left is why, though I see why Bridge of the Gods comes to mind.

At 1:03 not sure. Looks like something you’d see at Sunset Beach, but there’s no bridge like that there. Seems that’s probably the Cape Creek Bridge.

The one at :10 looks like the Crooked River High Bridge

Edit: try street view from here: near 198-56 Basin St, Astoria, OR 97103

After watching the Top Gear Bolivia Special a while back, I’m convinced that the game I really want is South American Truck Simulator. Navigating the North Yungas Road would be awesome, especially if I could just reload if (when) I fall off.

I wonder if they will have Germantown Road in game. That would be… exciting.

It is one of my favorite drives. It’s the one part of my commute from Vancouver that I’ll miss.

I think the company who made Spintires should do that one. ;)

Volvo trucks are finally in the game officially! Free DLC. Also the not free special transport DLC has been released.

I want “Duel” DLC

Big ATS/ETS sale on this weekend on Steam. Original games are 75% off, old DLC is at least 50% off and Oregon is 10% off.

Have any changes been made to the meta game compared to ETS2? The economic/RPG aspect was pretty bare-bones in ETS2, IMO.

Not meaningfully, no, though player owned trailers are now in both games

SCS do have some other interesting improvements and additions in the pipeline though for 1.33. The most interesting of those probably being the trialing of random detour events, which should spice up driving from point A to point B every so often.

That should spice things up a little.

Another thing would be to pull over or stop to allow emergency vehicles to pass. But that would require lots of changes to the AI. So not an easy task.

That blog page shows a pic of a Volvo truck. Are Volvos in ATS now?

edit: Never mind, just saw Ginger’s post above. Hope they keep adding more trucks; that’s one area where ETS2 has a leg up on ATS.

What the actual fuck?

Give big money to local politicos, and when you die, they decree that a highway should be named after you. And never mind the public money it takes to do so.

One of the darker things we tend to forget with President-for-Life Trump on the throne: democrats can be sleazy and shady as fuck, too.

And this happened in western Oregon, which is supposedly woke as hell.

Can you speed in this game if you get bored from going too slow? Or do you lose route money for going over the limit. Do they have police in the game?

You can speed if you can speed. I had enough trouble just getting up to the speed limit :P

You get fined all to hell and back by God. Or I have to assume it’s God anyway, because there are no cops who could possibly have seen, nor cameras half the time.

With the distance compression, short hauls are pretty much over before you know it, and long hauls are just long enough. But to answer your question, yeah, pretty much, if you’re not hauling a load of heavy crap and a calf.

I mean, I’d blow my fucking brains out if I had to haul goods between Ely and Winemucca every day IRL*… but it’s a nice little trip in the game.

*source: have driven between Salt Lake and Winemucca.

What brands of truck are available to drive in this? I see Peterbilt in the screenies, and am particularly wondering about Freightliner and Western Star.