And the winner of 2020's final review request is...

Awesome. :D

Hey, someone mentioned Devs! I watched it earlier this year, and I’m not sure if it’s actually good but I still think about it, fwiw.

Corrections:
“Muderbot”
“It wasn’t until eight years later than any survivors were recovered”
“fish-out-water”

Regarding #7, the commentary is about Inkle’s games before Heaven’s Vault, just due to when the interview occurred. I’ve been ruining myself on reading by assigning dull things that I think I should know. A young-adult novel sounds like a good restart to the reading engine. And then there are these good-sounding sci-fi novels popping up from the other entries. And Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex is a procedural? So much to do!

Count me in the “happy Tom is loving Murderbot” club.

Also, although Murderbot makes it clear that their gender identity is neutral, IIRC there is an early passage in which, while taking time to disguise their appearance, they adopt what are often considered to be subtle female physical characteristics (hair style, face, something like that). I think this is why I also learned toward feeling the character was kinda feminine. I’ll have to read again to be sure, though. (If true, it would be kinda parallel to their frequent claims of not being human while at the same time exhibiting a lot of very human personality traits.)