Andrew Bub

What you say is true in most cases.

I knew a guy whose heart just up and failed when he was 22 years old. He’d just come home from playing soccer, ate right, lived well, and just collapsed. Dead.

There’s the story of Matt Nader, who was a football player, had a heart problem, too. He doesn’t play any more, but the school he’d committed to to play football (Texas) honored his scholarship anyway.

Sometimes the heart doesn’t develop properly or has murmurs. No matter how good your lifestyle is, there’s nothing you can do about it.

Well, yes, there are people with heart defects.

Ouch. Hope he turns out ok…

That’s so awful. I wish Andrew the best of luck, for him to get through all of this shit. Get well real soon!

Being sincere? Or your usual hatred of real world crashing in on your internet?

I used to post on Gamerdad and have nothing but good things to say about Andrew. Best wishes Andrew, get well soon.

Get well soon, Bub.

Let’s hope you get plenty of more time to game with your kids.

Yowch how old is he? This is bad news indeed.

Get well soon Bub. We are pulling for you.

I’ve never really come into contact with Mr. Bub, but I certainly wish him and his family well and hope he recovers soon.

It’s funny tho (not “ha-ha” funny) how when someone around your own age gets seriously ill, you start remembering all the unhealthy food you’ve shovelled into your face, all the cigarettes you’ve unwisely smoked and all the hours spent sitting in front of WoW rather than doing something a bit more active…

Blech, I gotta start getting to the gym more often…

Here’s hoping the Packers win a few for Bub.

There’s an update from Andrew’s wife in that forum thread I linked earlier. She says he’s not having surgery again, but was found to have a pulmonary embolism, which will require at least a year of medication. She says he’s currently stable. Thank goodness.

No, it’s not. It’s genetics.

Flynn and Kannon Kile would like to remind you that if you have a history of heart disease in your family–especially immediate family–you need regular cholesterol screens once you hit your thirties. Doesn’t matter if you’re in great shape and a world-class athlete if your gene pool lets you down and clogs your aorta.

Excellent news. Now let’s get him outta the hospital and back to GamerDadding.

Good luck Andrew. Hope you have a DS or PSP there to help keep you sane.

Andrew is a phenomenal guy. Karma is apparently either on vacation, or has gone batshit insane.

Wow, I missed so much. I was about to say “Hope things go well,” or something like that, but now he’s stable, so I’ll just say “Thank God.” Andrew’s a good guy.

Update - he’s apparently home, posted on his forum himself.

Great news. Hope all will be well Andrew.

w00t!!!

It’s focusing all its attention on Charlie Weis.