Android Games Thread

I assume I’m not the only one who shakes the phone hoping to make THAT piece to finally fall.

Are there any good Picross games?

Yep, I do that too. Never does any good but it makes ME feel better.

May be getting started with Droid phone soon. Aside from recommendations in thread, any places to look for other game lists or recommendations, specifically puzzle-like timewasters? Google pulls up discussion that Peggle is/was coming to Droid but can’t seem to find anywhere yet.

No good review/aggregating sites on internet yet…?

Yay, hope you decide to make the switch. As for gaming, I usually head to Droid Gamers for Android gaming news. Just to warn you, the game selection isn’t as wide or good as the iPhone App Store, but it’s slowly maturing, it seems. :)

Plants vs. Zombies clone

Androidcentral and Talkandroid both have pretty good coverage of Android devices and apps. They’ll both do app reviews from time to time, and every week AndroidCentral does an “editor’s choice” where each of the editors runs down their 5 favorite apps of the week, which I dig.

Gaming is picking up, but still got a way to go.

Any good Dungeon crawls ala Undercroft?

There’s no way that pvz doesn’t include a ton of stolen assets.

I’m pretty sure it’s entirely stolen, in fact.

I know, pvz will almost definitely get pulled, but I know there are people who have been looking for that game, so it might hold some people over for a bit.

Well whatever, I bought that game from Popcap twice already and I’ll buy it again when they release the official version, so I don’t feel too bad about checking this one out.

Haha, wow. This is pretty bad. The whole thing feels sluggish and weird, everything looks stretched and blocky, and the framerate is atrocious. Stick with Leave Devil Alone.

Really? That’s weird, runs alright on my Moment. A little blocky, I can see that, but seems smooth enough. But I’m kinda new to the game, so maybe I just don’t notice as much.

Weird indeed. If you feel like doing an experiment, download Leave Devil Alone and see how it compares in terms of smoothness. I’d be interested to find out.

Downloading now. Will report back shortly.

Oddly, Leave Devil Alone doesn’t run at all. Random pop-up dialogue box with Chinese characters, a button to press, then back to home screen. No clue.

Huh. I guess these Chinese games don’t exactly offer consistency across various phone models, then.

Apparently PopCap are still developing for Android.

There is actually a Peggle clone on the Market … and it’s terrible.

Yeah. If there is one thing I really dislike about the Android market, it is how much the “open policy” of the Market essentially means license to steal other’s work however you like. And it’s not just poorly developed clones (or hackers downloading games, decompiling and repackaging them under different names) - the same goes for the 20,000 puzzle games all using copyrighted material. I’m actually rather surprised that Google gets away with the wild west approach to the market.

Trap! is a pretty good (and free) Jezzball-type game.