Android - what's in your pocket?

Cool, so just hook it up to an available USB port on a PC or whatever. Thanks and bought.

Nope, no noticeable changes in performance here.

That said, I’m on the March 5th security update - do you have something newer?

No, same one.

Finally something really useful from Google!

Would that this announcement hadn’t come out on April 1st (my B-day incidentally).

BTW, what’s the best strategy for keeping these in your ears? Loop the wire over them or something?

So, do you ever get those free birthday desserts and such? Or do they just tell you “hah, nice April Fools joke” when you tell them it’s your birthday? :)

Good question. Honestly it’s been a long time since I’ve gone out to eat with folks on my birthday (yesterday I had Thai takeout with my mom, sister, brother, sister-in-law and 4 year-old nephew to celebrate) so I haven’t tried it lately. If I did and I got that jokey but serious response I’d just show them my driver’s license, which has possibly the worst picture of me ever (and that’s saying something, since I’m not photogenic at all), and they’d have to believe it was real, because who would show such a picture of themselves, right? :-)

They stay in pretty nicely. They have kind of a rubbery hook that nestles in the outer part of your ear.

I have a set from the same company (I think it’s a slightly different model). I almost returned mine because they kept falling out of my ears, but I did a lot of experimentation with the different combinations of the hook robc04 mentioned and the tips and finally found a combo that holds them in great.

So I was lucky enough to lose my phone at a local park last night, due to a combination of various things all colliding at once to make this happen. I thought I had set up a ‘find my phone’ app ahead of time but apparently never activated it from the phone, which was smart. Google’s find my device site shows a general area (around the park) but won’t pinpoint location as I apparently have Location turned off. And I can’t seem to get an app like AndroidLost to install remotely via cellular data as I believe it’s set to wifi only for app installs.

Anyone have any secret ways of finding the exact location of my device with all the above restrictions? I assume I’m just screwed but maybe someone here knows of a way I haven’t tried via my frantic google searches. I’ve tried calling it, changing the lock messages, etc, with no luck so far.

Did you search in conjunction with find my phone? It should disable ‘do not disturb’ and give you a fairly loud alarm sound and it flashes the LED.

Other than that I think you’re down to careful search. Check trash cans and the roof of your car.

Yep, my friend combed the area while I kept trying the ‘ring your phone’ option from my laptop - no luck. At this point I figure someone just picked it up and is ignoring my message (and the extra ringing noises I send every so often). Whole thing is made more frustrating and difficult as my wife’s out of town so I’m in charge of our girls by myself. Made it impossible to do an exhaustive search of the area myself last night.

Turns out someone did in fact turn it in to the park office but it was locked up in a locker all day. So one could see/hear my attempts to find it via the google site. Unfortunately it was run over or something equally vicious, so I’ll have to get the screen fixed. But hey, it still works somehow! Feeling grateful it was turned in at all.

I’m glad it was found.

Yaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!

That’s awesome that you got it back. What a relief! You should definitely put a lockscreen message on the phone with a number of someone you know. Both my girlfriend and I have lost our phones on a couple of occasions (I left mine on a picnic table at a block party and she had hers fall out of her pocket at the park) and had a kind stranger call the other one of us using our lockscreen messages.

HA, I’m taking ALL THE PROTECTIONS now. Will put a couple phone finder apps on there, etc. I’ve always been really careful with my phone, never losing it, never dropping it, etc. Just got overwhelmed with the combination of everything happening last night. Wouldn’t have been as panicked if I didn’t have to worry about the girls on my own, plus picking my wife up tomorrow from LAX, getting the girls, etc.

Thanks for the support!

Feel like that’s almost everything - the last phone I was happy with battery life on was my Xperia Z3 compact. Would it kill people to add a millimeter or 2 of thickness for some battery life?

Well, I just ordered a S10+. I didn’t really take care of my previous phone (a S8+) and so now less than 2 years later (and a few drops) it doesn’t really hold a charge anymore and barely registers when I plug it in.

This time, however, I’ve got a UAG Monarch case to help protect my purchase.

Anyone have any suggestions for wireless charging solutions? Is Anker a pretty reputable brand?