Android - what's in your pocket?

Went with this 5 pack of USB A to USB C cables: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C2OAFRE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this case: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015XA94OY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks everyone, for all the suggestions! I compared my old and new phone, here are some specs of the upgrade that I will be experiencing!

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4749&idPhone2=7556

I am pretty much getting a increase of 4x in terms of everything, heh. Its like my current phone is a dinosaur potato.

So far, after an admittedly short time with my Moto X Play, I’m extremely satisfied. Software wise I can’t tell that I’m not looking at my old Nexus 5. I like the Moto X voice commands because unlike Google’s version, I don’t have to wake up the phone to use it. I haven’t had a chance to put the phone through its paces for a day but I suspect the battery will he excellent.

Lenovo sure figured out how to squander the good will Motorola garnered w/ their Moto X series.

This year it’s the Moto Z. Super-thin, so it has meager battery, and… no headphone jack! They beat Apple to the punch in offering up such a terrible design decision. There’s a USB C to 3.5mm adapter dongle. NOPE! Seriously, phones are thin enough. Adding a mm or 2 for better battery and retaining a headphone jack is far more valuable than whatever benefits they want to perceive in the thinner design. It also supports various snap-on mods that no one is going to buy.

Oh, it’ll be a Verizon exclusive for 3-5 months. Yech.

Oh god that sounds terrible.

If your phone is too thin to support a headphone jack you’re a gimmick. That is just ridiculous and stupid in so many ways. I bet you that if Samsung comes out with some sort of wacky foldable display they still include some part somewhere to stash a battery and connect headphones.

There’s a difference between being innovative and being a special snowflake for its own sake.

Yeah, Moto is out of the running for my 2016-2017 Nexus-or-close-to-stock-Android phone then. It will be a cheaper sub-$500CAD ZTE, OnePlus, Huawei or something.

Ordered a OP3. Colour me surprised.

Day 1, my Nexus 5x has been amazing. Moderate to heavy use today (also showing everyone my new phone) and my battery is still at 48%.

Project Fi network has been great here in North/South East PA.

Yeah, seems to be a great device at a good price. No earth shattering features, but everything seems solid. No major feature omissions.

Some features omitted that would have been nice to have but aren’t deal breakers:

-wireless charging
-Qualcomm Quick Charge (as I already have some QC desktop chargers)
-microSD slot with Adopted Storage support but I don’t mind since it’s 64GB
-USB 3.0/3.1 transfer speed
-water resistance or waterproof
-removable battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t lament the lack of a QHD screen --I find that pointless on a smartphone so far.

No doubt the 1080p display helps deliver the purportedly great battery life.

The OP3 reviews are full of praise pretty much all across the board. It’s not for me since I’m not really keen on a 5"+ smartphone, but it makes me hopeful for the OnePlus X2.

And just after In posted that, I spotted this: well, shit.

At the OnePlus 3 launch event in Shenzhen today, CEO Pete Lau confirmed that his company’s more affordable offering, the OnePlus X, will not have a followup model. That’s not to say it was a bad phone (even we liked it) nor was it unpopular, but Lau reasoned that OnePlus will instead focus on just one “true flagship” line from now on, in order to strengthen its foundation – something that Lau admitted his team neglected last year – rather than fighting the low-end price war.

My Nexus 6P from launch is still going strong, but I would gladly drop it for a smaller Nexus phone that didn’t make as many compromises as the 5X. At this point in the world of mobile security, no Android device outside of the Nexus family interests me – at any price. The monthly OS updates from Google are too valuable to pass up.

I just got a 5X. I have to admit I didn’t realise how it related to other Android phones, but I wanted to try Project Fi.

I really hope Project Fi accepts more phones someday and maybe does a family/bundle plan. I have an LG G3 that serves all my needs just fine (heck, I’m still on a rooted KitKat cause I haven’t seen a compelling reason to jump to Marshmallow). The Nexus 6P looks excellent, but not interested in paying for a new phone at this point. Granted, it is a Verizon phone, so I’m probably hosed even if Google did allow other phones.

That would be great for me, too. My older kid is about 2 years from a cell phone, and I’d love to bundle our three phones together.

Feels weird for OnePlus to be this competent: it shipped out from US yesterday and I may get it tomorrow end of day in Canada.

Yeah, my biggest wish right now is a family plan. It’s probably a little challenging for them because everything is tied to your Google voice account which is tied to your phone number. I’m sure they can come up with some sort of aggregated billing system though, just may not be a priority.

My S5 just shattered from a 3foot drop on to a wood floor. Anything between 4.8-5.2" that’s decent but doesn’t break the bank? $150 for an oem digitiser and glass screen isn’t worth it.