Android - what's in your pocket?

Huh, but Spotify already does that now…

They made it sound like there’s something different about the Samsung experience, although you are correct.

The AKG headphones Samsung is giving away for pre-orders are legit $200+ headphones.

Add another to the pile. Sigh. I don’t like either of the Moto phones offered on Fi so might be time to get a new carrier.

Asus Zenfone 4 Max, I got to love the battery life of this android device.

I don’t know if you fit within the extended warranty period, but LG did fix mine. At least I assume it is fixed - its sitting in the box as a spare. Will probably have our son try to use it eventually.

As for other phones, I’m ok with the X4. Battery life is much better than the 5X, otherwise seems a very similar experience (but I’m not too demanding on phones).

Yeah, LG fixed my wife’s 5x when it decided not to boot anymore. Wasn’t that painful of a process.

LG said they’ll fix mine as well but gave a two week turnaround. I can’t go without a phone for two weeks unfortunately.

Also found out the hard way that Google verification codes don’t work with Hangouts SMS or call forwarding, so I can only access my Google account from my logged in home session. Which… makes getting a quick replacement all the more important. The X4 looks like a solid sidegrade but against my better judgment I’m looking for any stores in the area that have a Pixel 2 in stock.

e: X4 ordered and arriving before the weekend. Google is giving me $45 for my Nexus which is better than dealing with LG and waiting for another boot loop.

Yeah, the two week turnaround is a pain. Wife made it through with her Chromebook but it wasn’t fun.

Mine actually returned in about 9 or 10 days, but that’s still a long time to be without a phone.

Ohhh, the 9.0 update alert just hit my Essential. I’ll download it once I get home. Yay!

So Android 9 is pretty snappy. Really need to get used to this new task management thingy though.

I’m a big fan overall. A few of my apps have some quirks, like not having audio controlled correctly (e.g. via media slider) but overall a slick improvement. Also it feels like these updates are accelerating - wasn’t 8 only a couple quarters ago?

Yeah, I feel like I got 8 only a few months ago.

Dammit. I’m still stuck on 7. I love the battery of my Moto G5 Plus but this is bullshit.

I am too. The next phone I’m buying is definitely NOT going to be from Lenovo.

It feels a lot like the iOS one, but a little clearer. I preferred the old one, but having used Samsung and HTC phones in the past it’s far from the worst Android task switcher.

Yeah, as soon as I began using it I thought it reminded me of my wife’s iPhone.

Pie is slick. Very happy with the change.

This thread made me realize that I haven’t gotten an update on my Nexus 6p in a while. I guess I must be beyond the scope of their support for the phone by now.