Android - what's in your pocket?

Oh hey, when I take a picture with my Pixel 3, I now get a tiny video clip also!
Is this new? I’ve been using the phone a month now, first time I noticed it.

It’s not new. You probably have a lot of motion clips in your archive.

I obviously do not understand my phone, and wish it would flip open like in the olden days.

I’m pretty happy with the last update of the Xioami phones, the on-sleep battery drain has been improved even more. On my MI 8, I’m at 28% battery left, after 2.5 hours of screen use, for a total of 3 days, 12 hours since the last charge.

apparently bg app usage/killing is a problem with certain brands of android mfrs:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18901006

Yes. I fight an endless war against Samsung’s battery management regime, which seems to reactivate itself across OS updates and obviously across phone upgrades. It is my greatest foe.

Well, that, or uneaten Dairy Queen Blizzards. One of the two.

How could a sweet DQ Blizzard be anyone’s foe?

I feel like the Blizzards don’t rejoice at my devouring then whole, at least.

That just means you have more Blizzard for later.

Well, now I know what I’m doing for lunch dessert tomorrow.

Yaaaayyyyyyyy!

I’ve had the upside-down Blizzard demo fail horribly and scar me for life.

I thought you got a free one, then. That should be cause for celebration.

Yes. Now I have two Blizzards, and one of them has lots of extra crunchy bits mixed in!

Motherfucker.

Dropped my Pixel 3 today in pretty spectacular fashion, pretty much windmilling it out of my parka’s breast pocket where I had forgotten it was onto the hard floor of the skyway. Busted the corner of the screen. Still works fine, digitizer seems unaffected, but motherfucker.

Gonna cost me like $270 to fucking fix god damnit.

Shoulda gotten that overpriced insurance!

That suuuuuucks man. I shattered two S7+ screens in the space of six months a couple of years back (both in supposedly tough cases, at that) and it felt awful.

My case that I bought to protect my phone from myself is doing me no fucking good sitting on my desk at home.

Just lost my fancy $200+ earbuds like an asshole two weeks ago, too.

Here’s hoping we don’t get fucked by the fucking stupid-ass tax idiocy effective for 2018 taxes!

Assholes. Christ. I hate everything.

That’s why I keep my phone in a case 100% of the time. You don’t need some super bulky otterbox case, any thin/light case is infinitely better than none at all.

Sucks to hear, I cased my Pixel 3 and added a screen protector before even activating it.

I almost wish I could find something like this for the Pixel.

squarespace

Or you know, perhaps they could make phones more durable.

Yup, my Moto G5+ (obviously not a high end phone) has been saved a number of times by my inexpensive Spigen case. I can’t imagine having the New Hotness and carrying it around bare.