Andy Daly's Review

Yeah, I wonder if the show intends to makes a dramatic change after a season to be more about his personal life outside his job than the reviewing. Kinda like Portal or Frog Fractions before you find the “real” story/game.

Watched it this weekend.

Amazing.

In that first episode, I was thinking it would be hilarious if he was secretly still addicted to the coke. And, lo and behold, they went there.

I love this show. Also, the pancakes bit was amazing.

I really hope this is finding its audience so that we get a second season. It’s my favorite new show by a mile.

Don’t use the colored copier, use the white copier, it’s the best, it makes colored copies.

I posted this Andy Daly stand-up routine in another thread, where it was met with crickets or confusion. This might be a better thread for it! It’s my favorite.

That’s a great clip, but it’s very “inside baseball”. That character gimmick is a little hard to get into unless you have a some insight into bad stand-ups. I like this clip of his Danny Mahoney character. I like the concept better, and how fast he is with improv is on display when an audience member randomly walks out.

I guessed that more people had experience with bad standups. :)

Loved your clip!

If you don’t listen to the podcast “Comedy Bang Bang”, you should check out the Andy Daly episodes. They are usually amongst my favorites of the year. The guy is a genius.

Comedy Central just put the first eight episodes of review on their YouTube Channel. The Comedy Central apps also have them, apparently. If you haven’t watched the show, now is the time to do it. They’re best if you watch them in order.

Kinda necessary to watch them in order.

Thanks for the heads up. I binge-watched all 3 of the non Hulu-Plus episodes last night on CC.com yesterday after I saw your message. No ads, for some reason, which made it way better than waiting for the episodes to come to Hulu Plus.

I watched the 9th episode on Hulu Plus yesterday. What a great way to end the series. After that episode, I kind of hope it doesn’t come back for a second season, even though I love the show.

Definitely my favorite comedy show of the spring.

Andy Daly is a comedic master. I was so happy to see him with his own show.

So good.

Just binged through the second season on Hulu. Man it is genius. What a build up and then they stick the landing.

Oh yeah, I thought it would be hard to top season 1, but they somehow managed it.

James Urbaniak is so great, and that conspiracy theory season finale is just the perfect mix for the audience. Forrest is totally crazy… maybe he isn’t… oh he definitely is! Or… maybe not?

Glad to hear a season 3 is on the way, even if it is short, as I really look forward to seeing how Forrest’s story ends.
Review season 3 will be a shortened finale to the series.

My Hulu binge continues. One thing I realized after finishing last season’s Last Man on Earth and Brooklyn Nine-Nine is just how bleak and depressing Andy Daly’s Review is. Those other shows actually have premises more conducive to bleak shows, but Review can be frightening sometimes. This morning I watched the “How to be a Cult Leader” episode. Brutal.

Not sure why you think the premise isn’t conducive to bleakness. It’s basically set up for the internet and his sociopath producer to troll his real life, and he can’t/won’t back out. How could it not be bleak? Not to mention that it’s an Andy Daly character, and there isn’t one that doesn’t have unimaginable depths of either bleakness or depravity just under the surface.

Incidentally, he was on Improv4Humans the other week and mentioned that they’re in post-production for season 3, but there isn’t an official air date yet. Should be some time this year though.

Season 3 airs tomorrow! I’m hoping this comes across to UK Comedy Central, because otherwise I’m not sure how I’ll be able to watch it. Oh, and if you want more Andy Daly, he was on the most recent CBB as August Lindt.

I went to Comedy Central’s website this morning, and they’re not showing any airings of Review on their schedule here in the U.S.

EDIT: No wait! They changed it! Instead of showing 4 episodes of Tosh.O in a row, now there’s an episode of Review smushed in there as well. Thursday night.

New Season episode was great! I knew he was in trouble when he was asked to review something very simple right off the bat. That never works out well.