Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

New Dodo BD2X5

Thanks again! Love the Homer Bushes decoration!

Thanks for opening up! I’ve never opened up to anyone outside of this forum. How bad is the discord community? Swimming makes it harder to moderate, right?

It’s not really bad, it’s just a lot of traffic and it causes islands to crash.

I’m sorry I missed your great price, I sold yesterday at 501 using /r/turnipexchange . I mention it because a bunch of people there use a website that has a queue system, minimizing the constant coming and going. It means that you often have to wait until you’re at the front of the line, but it’s a bit smoother than the free-for-all than just giving everyone a code at once.

The site is https://turnip.exchange/ , and while I haven’t hosted using it myself, I have been a visitor using it twice now, and it’s been a good experience so far. (Haven’t had any issues.) Not sure what it’s like on the hosting side.

Oh yeah I use that. And limit it to three on my island. I still get island crashes regularly

Yeah, I wondered whether it helped with that kind of thing or not. All the hassle of hosting is why I only open up for people here… I can’t be bothered to open up to the masses. I don’t need the tips, I’m sitting on 11.5 million bells at the moment, so opening up for just the few people here is no hassle at all for me.

Speaking of opening up, I have the 1,000,000 bell crown in my Able Sisters today if anyone has bells burning a hole in their pocket and wants to buy it. I seem to recall it’s not limited supply, so anyone who wants one can get one. I bought one a while back, but I’m contemplating buying one for Ankha. I might bring her over to Harv’s later and see what it looks like on her…

Anyway, give me a shout if anyone wants one. I’m going to be busy for the next couple of hours, but I should be able to open up this afternoon if there’s interest.

Anyone wanna team for bug off?
7YF11

I have Celeste but no stars 0NG63

I may swing by briefly after the RPG session I;m in wraps up; thank you, Kadath :)

@Kadath, I’ll swing by, I haven’t seen Celeste in a while. Since I’m coming, I have a few dupe DIYs I can bring… do you need any of the following:

• Lucky Gold Cat (Requires the Lucky Cat from Gulliver to craft)
  • Gold Screen Wall
  • Trophy Case
  • Pile of Zen Cushions

Thanks I think I have all those!

Watching for turnip prices from you all again this week, I’ve already got a 100% Fluctuating situation. I keep spending all my bells, too.

I cant imagine my 72 will be of much interest

Incoming update!

Looks like the Dream Clinic (or a variation thereof) from New Leaf is making a comeback. I always enjoyed that feature as a way to explore other islands without having to coordinate times with other people.

For those who aren’t familiar with the older games, the way it worked was this (spoilers ahead I guess?):

You’d be able to create a snapshot in time of your island, and be issued a “dream code”. Then anyone could visit the “dream clinic” and provide that code, and be able to visit that island, walking around, talking to villagers, etc. I don’t think you can use shops or anything (or at least you couldn’t in New Leaf) but it was a nice way to explore someone’s island if all you wanted was to see what it was like.

Not sure how it’s going to be implemented in New Horizons, but I’m looking forward to it.

On Turnips: the prophet is saying I’m 100% for a small spike this week and that I’m at the maximum possible right now* (although it’s only working from 3 data points, I’m back to leaving too early in the a.m. to get that price).

How accurate is it? And is it worth waiting to see what one of you lot will get? :-)

*159 on purchases @ 104

On decorating: Do flowers spread on stone paths or just the dirt ones?

I noticed that too. Flowers never spread on stone paths but do on dirt.
I may have a good turnip price in the coming days - up to 600+ even. Fingers crossed.

If you’ve been using it for more than a week, it’s accurate.

I’m at 50% odds of a big spike finally! Fingers crossed