Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

My turnip day and night prices always seem to be the same. Is it supposed to be like that, or am I checking at the wrong time if day?

Sorry fir all the posts, but I just adore this game!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the morning and afternoon prices be the same… usually they’re different by at least a couple of bells.

The morning prices are the prices offered before noon. Then the price changes at noon and stays at that price until closing time (10:00 PM).

Yeah, you get the morning price for significantly fewer hours than you do the afternoon price. (I can’t remember what time the shop opens - 7 AM? 8 AM?)

EDIT: Also, just to be clear, this is the in game time - which I’m assuming is the same as your real time (as that’s what it would be by default) but some people like to mess with the clock on their Switch for one reason or another.

And ask away all you like! This thread hasn’t seen much action lately anyway, hehe… I’m glad you’re loving the game!

Dude, seriously, there’s no rush! In no time at all you will have more bells than you know what to do with.

Hmmmm do maybe all these prices I’ve had were afternoon rates.

The only tip I can give is that eventually the amount is very much not overwhelming. The last time I logged in I think I had 2.5 million bells in the bank, and that was after upgrading my house completely and buying two very expensive pieces of clothing on top of tons of miscellaneous stuff. With bell trees you can clear 20k a day which makes that only two weeks of trees. Plus there’s the 10k rock, although if you can whack it 8 times maybe you can get more than that out of it?

There’s no ticking clock with debt, so just chip away at it. There’s nothing to worry about.

If you manage to hit the money rock all 8 times, you get a total of 16,100 bells. The increments for each hit are 100, 200, 300, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000 and 8000 on the 8th hit.

I’m getting better at 8 hits. I found if I wait to hit when my character has finished his entire swing animation, that dorks wonderfully.

So I hope I didn’t mess up. I got to the turnip seller before noon, but was only able to enter one figure in the calculator because additional ones caused errors. Here’s what it looks like:

The only entry I had:

The results:

Turnips cost $101 and I bought $50,000. Hopefully I didn’t throw that money away!

They won’t go bad sitting on my bedroom floor will they?

Next Sunday they will. Be sure to sell before then.

I assume you mean you bought them today, 11-July, for $101? Don’t forget to put that in as the buy price. The shop won’t buy turnips on Sunday so you won’t have anything for “this week’s prices” until tomorrow.

The only angsty bit about it is early in the week before the app/website is able to discern the pattern. Do you sell the instant you can make a profit, or hold out for the 25% (or whatever) chance that there’s a large spike coming? Etc. I was pretty much a coward the few weeks I was in the market 😂

I recall reading that the very first week you enter the market it’s a bit more forgiving, but I may be making that up and not realize it. So don’t depend on that!

Now that you’re in the market, I’ll make an effort to check my prices every day for you and let you know if I get a really good price! (And hopefully you’ll be able to come by and sell, if so.)

Thank you! That’ll be wonderfully helpful :)

Where do you all put the extra stuff you buy that will no longer fit into storage? I’m buying all the furniture that pops up and I’ve fun outta space, but maybe I shouldn’t be doing that?

Don’t worry too much about holding on to furniture except stuff that might have been given to you by Certain Parties. Standard stuff you buy at the nook shop is easy to get hold of. I don’t want to say too much!

When you pay for house upgrades, it also gives you more storage space

In Nook’s Cranny, the atm thingie (Nook Stop) allows you to catalog shop. Most items you’ve acquired can be re-purchased via the catalog. I believe you can use the guide app I keep flogging to verify which you can and which you can’t. I believe the can’t are typically event themed or Certain Parties (as Kolbex said) send you.

If you can re-purchase it via the catalog you can safely sell it to make room, assuming you’re willing to wait a day for delivery if you ever re-purchase it.

Cool, that’s great. I’ll look at the catalog part of the guide.

Is there an easy way to get screenshots taken on the Switch over to the Internet for posting?

It’s a lot like PS4 in that the easiest way, I find, is to create a throwaway email and associated twitter account, then link that account to the Switch for sharing, then you can post to the twitter and link or download the shots from there. It’s annoying but workable.

Just about the storage issue: if you are in any way a hoarder, you are going to find it very frustrating constantly during your play. I’m still maxed out and constantly removing stuff to give away or sell to make room for new items, whether seasonal or event related, or something particularly useful. Sure, a lot of it can be bought again (at a limit of 5 items total per day), but that’s not how hoarding works people!

So yeah, don’t be a hoarder if you want to relax.