Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

Oh man! If @paul_chambers would reopen his island I would unload the hell out of my turnips. My island market has tanked and they’re sitting at 66. I may not but turnips again. Too much pressure!

Should still be open. Is it not working? @lostcawz

I’ll try again but it said I couldn’t fly earlier

Edit; Doh! My with my glasses on I misread the 4 as an A!? Fixed it and time to sell sell sell! Thx

Oh dip Paul that’s amazing. I’m gonna swing by after this meeting for work finally wraps up.

Swinging by for some of that turnip action myself.

And all sold, thanks! I like the Doom memorial BTW.

I’m now sad I didn’t buy turnips this week.

Wait, what the hell did I just write? WHAT IS THIS GAME DOING TO PEOPLE?

Oooh I got a skull and crossbones for my house door.

Well, my third extra room is now paid off…or a few bridges…or some new inclines…man, options!!

Man, I sold all my turnips for pennies.

Oh, last night I got a rare flower island. Blue and purple windflowers as far as the eye could see. Loaded up my inventory with them and shlepped a whole load home. Thinking my butterfly situation is about to explode in the most wonderful (and profitable) way…

Still searching for roses here, don’t even care what color/form, seeds would be nice, though.

This is my problem now. I don’t really care about a bigger house but another bridge and/or incline would be great! Except that even though I don’t care about getting more space in my house, I do care that I have the giant Nook-mortgage hanging over my head even though it has no influence on anything. F’ing Nook and his pusher ways.

I read somewhere (probably reddit) that like each island having a native fruit, each island also has unique seeds that the shop sells, which may be the intended way to get all the flower varieties. I haven’t confirmed this myself, and I haven’t seen a lot of talk about it, so I’m not sure if it’s true or not.

My own shop has windflowers, hyacinths and pansies (iirc, I’m not signed in atm), and the stock never changes. When I started my island, existing flowers where hyacinths and windflowers. I think I got a few tulips on an island tour, but other than that the only flowers I ever see are the ones I have natively. If everyone else has different stock, it might be worth adding to the master list?

Also, I only just activated my Nintendo Online account, so if there’s interest in adding me to the list, I’ll post my code in a bit (when I sign in again and check it). My native fruit is oranges, and I’ve since scored apples and peaches.

I’m reasonably sure the seeds change somewhere. My island has pansies growing natively (nothing else), and had windflowers and hyacinth seeds for ages but the other day had red/white tulip seeds for sale, I snagged those right up.

Oh, good to know. I admit I haven’t been checking every day recently because it seemed to me it was always the same ones, but I guess I should make sure to do that!

About ready to spend all my miles on Nook tickets in desperation to find roses.

I just built my second bridge. My sister told me to just get the inclines instead of more bridges. Terraforming renders bridges irrelevant later.

A word of warning - supposedly you can only have 8 inclines and 8 bridges, max. This is perfectly fine for me as I’m not doing extensive terraforming, but apparently some people terraformed with the intent of a bridge/incline heavy end result only to find they couldn’t do it.

Four bridges and three inclines will stop my needing to tote around a vaulting pole and a ladder so I’m fine with that.

Okay, so here’s my island info in case anyone wants it (and if @ArmandoPenblade wants to add me to the list) :

Hansey – Isla Calma – Oranges (N), Apples, Peaches – SW-6659-4116-6694

You want some cherries and pears? I’ll bring some over.