Anno 1800, city-building in the industrial revolution

Got 2 more hours in , so much fun! :D

Beta ends Feb 4th.

I had a great time with this. It’s so sweet. I like playing a game like this, zen-like and almost frictionless. Don’t need to be fighting like a madman, scrambling and scratching at the margins all the time. Just put pretty parks in. Watch it grow. Its all so pretty.

Except for top end dwellings - villas had a very low population density (and a ton of tax).

I enjoyed the beta and especially how it reminds you to get up from your PC and move around if you’ve been playing four+ hours straight. The game is certainly addicting and time just flies.

If anyone has an extra key or invite, I know @Eric_Majkut was lookin fer one as well, now that it’s extended a bit.

@Jason_McMaster Can’t you send him an invite from your friend list here?

https://betasignup.ubisoft.com/anno1800cb/FriendList/

Oh also some pics of my 4hrs with the beta so far.

Love the way farms now work in this, them fields!

Those screenshots are gert lush.

@abrandt how do I remove the postcard view tag? I see your screens don’t have it.

Wow I really want to play this game.

Minor nit: does it do the same thing as 1404 where when one of the characters is speaking, the speech bubble pop up doesn’t have a direct subtitle but instead puts it in the third person, e.g. “so-and-so says that there is gold in the hills to the north…”. That really unreasonably annoyed me.

I just used the Print Screen key and that saves the screenshots to something like “My Documents/Anno 1800 Beta”

That’s actually a staple of the series back to (at least) Anno 1701.

If you play for 12 hours straight it calls an ambulance for you letting them know you have blood clots in both legs.

True although it would be handy if they gave a real time clock reminder too. I turn it on in Rimworld to remind me to go bed.

For those who missed out or just want more before the launch.

This and Imperator come out so close together. I keep thinking about quitting my job, April now seems like an ideal time to free up all of my time.

This is pretty amazing.

I mean, confidence seems like an understatement here. Publisher and developer both clearly think they’re onto something pretty special, to be doing this. This is essentially offering a three-day demo of the game prior to launch day. Bravo to all involved.

Yep they are pushing Anno hard, and deservedly so , everyone should give it a try.

Well, and specifically, they clearly feel confident that the game is a deep and long-lasting value that you can’t tap out in 3 days, which… yeah… I’d agree with that about previous iterations of the franchise. We’ll see how this goes!