Anno 1800, city-building in the industrial revolution

Thanks, that’s useful to know/realize.

For production chains basic mechanics - will a intermediate good be taken directly to the processing place for the final good, or will it always route through a trading warehoue first?

Intermediate goods are only taken to the warehouse when the finishing facility is already full (as long as they’re in collection range of one another).

Awesome, thanks.

Is there a way to get a overlay of pollution sources?

More season 3 info:

And the full trailer:

Am I alone in that Uplay or whatever it’s called now is broken right when this drops?

I like that everything appears to be applicable to the ‘main’ area of the game, rather then creating more external areas.

Yeah all 3 parts seem like big additions to the core island setting.

DO WANT.

To my great shame, I still haven’t built The Worlds Fair.

Goal for 2021!

Yes please, but it will have to wait for me to upgrade my PC - a game of Anno 1800 with the first two seasons of DLC all enabled causes my old old machine with only 8 Gb of memory to start crashing with out of memory errors once I get all the maps active, and I simply cannot find it in me to start a new game with some DLC’s disabled.

Yep, I think this is going to run into the Paradox situation where I don’t want to start a new game until all of this stuff is available. Looks great!

Not a popular opinion among many here, but try running “Intelligent Standby List Cleaner” (https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1256). This enabled me to run Anno 1800 on a 8GB machine much more successfully.

Nothing has dropped yet, unless you mean the trailer itself. The first stuff for season 3 isn’t out until February 23rd, which should give Uplay Connect plenty of time to sort itself out.

-Tom

Hm, maybe this will be the one that I pay full price for? Normally I wait for a $10 coupon on Epic and get it there. (I said this about Warhammer 3, too, so I guess I need to watch my wallet…)

I’ll echo the sentiment that I’m excited that this focuses on the old world–I really don’t see how they could add another map and anyone would have the attention span to handle it.

Coincedentally, I just started another run at 1800 a couple days ago. This time I enabled all the DLC (first time for me since Land of Lions). My major discovery is that the copy tool can be dragged to select whole groups of buildings to copy, not just individual buildings. Why didn’t I know this sooner? Makes my silly square-block plan for Crown Falls that much easier to implement…

This seems to have improved things, thanks for the suggestion!

This explains season pass 3… Wonder if there will be a 4 and 5.

And bought it. I got the other season passes at a discount, so I might as well preorder this one. ;)

Pretty much thinking the same thing, though I haven’t even played with the last couple of items from the season 2 pass. So much to see!

OK, I think it’s time to fire this up again. I played the vanilla campaign way back when. I’m sure I’m a bit rusty. I have season pass 1 and 2. What do you guys think is the ‘best’ way to play the game? I’m guessing the sandbox mode, but with what enabled? Try the DLC one at a time, everything at once? What about the AI competitor options?

Thanks!

Throw it all in, you can ignore the DLCs until you’re ready. (Assuming having the little circled-number on the expeditions sidebar button doesn’t bother you.)

IMHO sandbox or campaign, as you prefer. Might as well go sandbox if you’re not feeling the campaign.

For AI, the main thing is to decide how speedy you want to have to be. The one-star AIs will ask you before settling any other islands, which leads to a very chill experience. Most two-star AI’s will eventually declare war on you without you actively maintaining relations (i.e. gifts), except for George. Roughly speaking, Von Malching is the most aggressive, then Beryl, then Gasparov (then George). The anarchist is a bit different, IME he’s not super aggressive and doesn’t really colonize the new world much, but adds a bit of flavor and a quest chain (worth it, IMO).

For the 3-star AIs, I don’t know, I’m too chicken to try them out. Maybe @jpinard can speak to them.

Edit: and there’s always the option of having no competitors (or even pirates!) if you want a very relaxed go of it.

Probably biggest DLC thing to note in my mind is if you play with Sunken Treasures you’ll have Crown Falls sitting there calling out to be your main island. If you play with it it’s probably worth getting that unlocked as soon as you can. It’s the only DLC I have to think about enabling or not, because it kind of feels like I HAVE to use that island if it is there.

Thanks for the info. I tend to like having goals, does Anno 1800 have good achievements for that, or are they kind of boring. Some games are good at providing interesting achievements.