Anonymity, Trump supporters, the right-wing media, and the gman account

Er – There were several public posts by wumpus floating what he thought were personal, identifiable details about my online writings, which he gathered using my private login information. That’s coupled with discussions I was told about revealing my employer. It’s not playing the victim if it’s true. I’ve been told that won’t happen again, but not from wumpus, who has in fact come into this thread and sort of weirdly implied it’s justified to dox conservatives.

You should ask wumpus why he thought it was okay to try to dox someone, he can defend the practice better than I can. It’s the one thing that probably should have been talked about more in the original post in this thread. The other admins seem comfortable talking about it privately though, so a PM to them might be better. (I’d rather not link wumpus’ public attempts to dox, since they contain information that … doxes me…)

Also, “Trumpets,” yikes. You can do better. What’s next, Demon-crats and Re-thuglicans? I last heard that kind of language, unironically, in freshman year of college.

If you keep whining about it after the admins told you something wasn’t going to happen (and I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess there was an apology and maybe even an explanation that wumpus isn’t a site admin, but has elevated access due to his contributions) you’re absolutely playing the victim.

No apology, actually, and it’s an important, public breach of privacy by a site admin (sorry, “elevated access” user) that you would probably care about if you weren’t trying to make some stupid point about “playing the victim” because of political/personal bias

Why don’t you write a story about how the liberals wronged you on your paid right wing political site, then link to it here? Might even get you a promotion!

And here he is to gloat about his doxing. What a site!

I think it’s important that people with a vested interest in something are forthcoming about that when posting here, and for the most part they are. The ones who aren’t and only post about that topic are usually asked to leave.

What a crock. I don’t have any personal stake in my personal political arguments here. Thanks for trying to justify the doxing after your argument that it didn’t happen was pointed out to be bogus, though . :)

You’re right. The only solution is for you to leave. We’ll all be sad to see you go.

Nah. Not what I said. You were given an avenue to reach out to an admin. That should have settled it. You keep trotting it out to… I guess get some sympathy? Try to paint yourself as some misunderstood hero? Who knows.

And uh, congrats for confirming what wumpus said and drawing extra attention to it.

Nanernane ! What a child.

It should be clear that posters won’t be dox’d. I feel that’d be good to establish, starting with a rebuke of wumpus here. But nah, he’s on the good side.

He never has.

You are obviously full of shit then.

I call your boss a shitgibbon. What nasty word would you prefer?

People vandalizing our park and causing dozens of flags to get cast, are subject to probable cause investigations by site staff. If you’re unhappy about that, try… I dunno… not vandalizing our park? Or leaving.

For the record, I also think it was shitty for wumpus to call out your employer by name.

As best I can tell, that post is incoherent.

You do realize this sounds like the Salem witch trials, right?

No such thing was done, you can read my posts if you are curious. At least not by me.

He didn’t call out my employer by name, but that was discussed as an option. He tried to drop personally identifying information into public posts.

You’re a racist! I’m not! That’s what a racist would say!

That’s what I initially thought until he claimed doxxing, so I checked your posts and saw you making a throwaway comment about Breitbart. Of course, now he’s walking it back.

wumpus’s posts amounted to “You don’t happen to write for a right-wing propaganda website, do you?” asked twice in quick succession.

Since there are about 900 of said websites, it’s not even remotely near doxing.