Another desktop wallpaper thread

Two 1920x1200 displays.

Like a couple of others here, I use Fences, so keeping track of icons isn’t a big deal.

I have noticed that, even with busy colorful wallpaper, it’s somehow easier to see icons in Win7 than previous versions. Or it seems that way, at least.

Well, I do use a custom icon set. I think W7 seems to show icons a bit larger than the XP default, and the XP default icons are also very bland and easily lost amid a busy background. My set is more colorful and sticks out a bit more.

For those that expressed interest, here’s my wallpaper from page 1.

Here’s my work wallpaper. I can’t express how much I love this one.

Is that full scale? I would rather like to have that one.

Can you guess what I’ve been tinkering with lately?

I just figured out what that was.

I’m getting slow in my old age.

Help me out. Its ringing bells, but my brain can’t make the connections…

Color and shape of the guy’s helmet was what finally got it to register with me.

It really is a brilliant cartoon, except for using the logo on the guy’s shoulder which is completely wrong.

Ooooh, they’re good.
I was just at a Venetian style carneval (my friend who owns a manor turned 40) and bought a traditional mask… If I’d seen something like this before, I would have costumized it to fit my personan. Damn.

Looks like pacman to me.

Hehe, Thanks! True the logo did not help at all as I don’t really associate the game with Atari…

Do you mean, is the photo at full scale? You can see most of my stuff at www.flickr.com/casehouse. I have Flickr Pro, so you can download large resolution images. Check out the set labeled “Favorites.”

If you mean, are the masks full scale, and hence wearable? Yes, but the cheapest one was something like 350 Euros.

Thanks for the link. I was indeed referring to the image. The cost of those just makes me want to build my own even more.

Thanks, Lloyd! Nice work. I’ll be the envy of everyone at meetings where my desktop gets displayed on the wall projector.

Here’s my Mac’s desktop.

Ernst Lissner’s version of Sergius blessing Dimitri Donskoi before the battle of Kulikovo.

Because it has nothing to do with Atari. It was made by Namco, Bally/Midway in the USA.

True, but it was playable ON an Atari and some people might associate it with that…?

Well, it was popular back in the heyday of Atari, so I can see the confusion there. But it’s still wrong. ;)