Another terrorist attack

Even the Canadian cops are nice.

Put your hands up! sorry PLEASE, put your hands up!

I agree with @Canuck, in the US he would be dead for even twitching his hand.

More on the cop who arrested him:

The video shows the man standing next to the open door on the driver’s side of the vehicle, his arm outstretched, pointing a black object at the officer.

“Come on, get down,” the officer shouts after drawing his weapon.

“Kill me,” the man says in between making quick-draw motions with his arm.

“No, get down,” the officer responds.

“I have a gun in my pocket,” the man says.

“I don’t care. Get down,” the officer responds. “Get down or you’ll be shot.”

The man begins to approach the officer after a few more verbal exchanges, still pointing the black object at him.

“He kept on taking steps forward, and it is at that point that the officer, I believe, realized that that was not a gun in his hand,” said Shahnam Ashgar, who witnessed the scene unfold.

The officer does not fire. He holsters his gun and takes out a baton as he strides toward the suspect, who tosses aside the object in his hand and lies down on the sidewalk, where the officer handcuffs him.

The whole incident was over in 37 seconds, and police now say there is no evidence the man was armed.

Badass move in bold.

Can we clone that officer and immediately employ these clones in every police station across the U.S.? I’m willing to give Canada back one hockey team of its choice in exchange.

I salute that cop.

Ya, I saw the footage, and the cop was amazingly restrained. He absolutely would have been justified in shooting the guy.

Kudos for him not giving the guy what he wanted.

Would he have been justified? I don’t think so. Certainly the guy was trying to create the illusion of a threat, but it was not credible… a smartphone pointed at you like a gun does not really look like a gun at all.

He may have been cleared of wrongdoing had he opened fire, but actually that is debateable given what happened to officer Forcillo in the killing of Sammy Yatim, who was actually armed with a 5" knife. The result was an attempted murder conviction for Forcillo.

The message that surely sent to the Toronto police is: Do not open fire unless there is a clear and imminent danger.

And that is surely a good thing.

Why is ‘courageously’ in quotes up there? Sounds pretty bad-ass to me.

It’s a quote from someone else. Later in the article it says

The officer “acted smartly, tactically and courageously,” said John Muise, a retired Toronto police detective sergeant.

I’ll even agree to eat poutine, and claim it’s good, in exchange.

Ohhhhh, okay, that makes a ton more sense.

What a refreshing change from the US where a black man with both arms up in the air is seen as having a loaded weapon.

Qft23

So this cunt went out and murdered in people in an act of terrorism because he couldn’t get a fucking DATE?

And people wonder why folks get pretty serious about things like misogyny. There seems to be some strong correlations between objectification of women, hard-core sexism, and violence.

To co-opt a phrase, is misogyny is a gateway hate?

He had incel stuff on his computer. Our world is fucked.

My defense of incels: at least most of them won’t have kids.

That’s all I got.

There’s different layers to it. They don’t all start out ready to kill. It goes:

• I can’t get a date.
  • It’s because I’m ugly and there’s absolutely nothing I can do about that.
  • If women aren’t into ugly guys like me, they must be robots.
  • [various nonsense about Chad and Stacey]
  • The government should provide me with a sex slave.
  • I’m gonna do a mass shooting. Either that or nail my dick to a board and upload the video on reddit.

Most of them aren’t going to go all the way down to the bottom.

I’ve tried to reason with a few of them, and the thing I find they’re really stuck on is insisting that they’re too ugly to ever be loved. They find that liberating because it gives them an excuse to not try to be a better person. The misogyny actually comes in later when they’re wallowing in self-pity. But it’s hard to be sure how they work since half of them are really just trolls.

Links into the sheer number of mass-shooters who abused their spouses/partners. . .

It is depressing to see a mass murder in Canada, but I’m glad to Toronto cop restored my faith in the niceness of Canadians.