Ant-Man and The Wasp (Pez candy is delicious you monsters)

Hey check it out, a trailer!

Sold. Looks super fun.

Oh right, I need to see Ant Man.

Ha! Love the building with a handle on it. That’s creative!

Yeah, that was great. I hope there’s a lot more with the car chase stuff too, seems like you could get pretty imaginative with the shrink/grow tricks there.

Okay, that did look like fun.

This looks great. I loved the first movie.

The Ant-Man and The Wasp title treatment seems to be channeling some of the campier Green Hornet and Kato or Batman and Robin campiness vibe, and I guess it’s got a bit of a lower-key / fun romp vibe, but I can’t help but feel that they could have leaned into it more. The FBI / armed soldiers don’t completely mesh with that kind of world.

I guess they have to pay off some of the greater MCU continuity and stuff though.

This is going to be excellent.

Heh. Me too.

Nah, forget it. I saw him in that Avengers movie. That was all I need.

Oh, I like Ant-Man. It’s more fun and funny than the other Marvel movies.

I agree – Ant Man was a fun little movie with lower stakes and a lot higher character-to-explosion ratio than many of the other Marvel flix.

I enjoyed it well enough, though it’s probably still in my bottom 5 from the Marvelverse. But it’s about 4x better than the bottommost tier of Thor 1 and Thor 2, at least 2x as good as Incredible Hulk, putting it roughly level with Dr Strange.

For me, of course.

I hope they at least try to explain this time why some things don’t change weight/strength when grown/shrunk, while other things do. Any answer is fine, but the inconsistency really bugged me.

Ant Man was a kinda good movie that squandered Paul Rudd, but I’ll watch another one in case they do better this time. And that logo looks awesome.

Yeah, shouldn’t that building be immovable in its shrunk form?

You will literally be the only dude in the theater thinking that. It’s a summer popcorn flick. Just have fun.

Pfft. No.

Naw, it was regularly mentioned in reviews. And it’s really such an easy fix, which doesn’t need to withstand much scrutiny for the reasons you indicated – they could just say “Ant Man retains his strength and reduces his weight when he shrinks (and gains strength and weight when he grows) because he’s a living creature, while inanimate objects just gain/lose weight/mass proportionate with their size because they’re less dynamic. That’s the nature of Pym Particles. Neat huh?”

The end - and that would fix every related issue in Ant Man and Civil War.

I thought there is a scene where that is mentioned in the original film, when they first show Hank in the suit on film footage?