Anthem - BioWare's take on Destiny

New Anthem PTS fail: they nerfed melee dmg the only viable way to play since skills and guns are too limited

Yep, stealth nerfed.

Probably hell on Interceptors.

Anthem devs: “Don’t mind us. We don’t know what we’re doing.”

Yeah at this point any changes should be like:

Is it fun?
Does it benefit the player?
Will it keep the player engaged?

Nothing should be nerfed.

Or if it is nerfed, it should be included in a massive overhaul patch that’s also adding a bunch of new stuff.

What really boggles my mind is the slapdash lack of care they put into even the MTX monetization model, which is required to generate goodwill spending and playerbase acceptance to keep their budget alive. Their current drip+FOMO model really really sucks and is player-hostile.

I can’t imagine the few spending whales that do fall for the current MTX model are even close to enough to sustain the game.

Based on Bioware and EA’s constant efforts to steer the game in one particular direction, had the game been an actual hit it could have been aptly titled Springtime for Hitler.

clap

Comment of the day.

Late to the party, but I was told Americans have nfi what Kinder Surprise Egg is. Apparently it is a violation of food safety law (or some such) to include a toy INSIDE food, so it is banned in America. So your reference may not be enjoyed by Americans.

The first time I heard it from an Amercian exchange student, I was like “Wwwwwwwwwhat?”.

I’ve been asked so smuggle Kinder Surprises before on my visits to Murrikka.

Or maybe BioWare has some Enkindler Surprise ones I can pickup from their Edmonton office locally before they get shut down for failing Anthem and DA4?

So it is kind of like cocaine then? Strictly illegal but people know.

Do you smuggle it by swallowing them wrapped in condom??? Isn’t it easier to eat the egg yourself and then give the Americans the toy??? So much more direct.

Eh. They sell Kinder Joy eggs here which are about 98% as good.

“We’re pretty honest with ourselves. Our progression systems aren’t as good as we wanted them to be.”

Surprise Progression

…WHAT progression systems?

A friend commented that EA put more effort into making that video, than they have at supporting Anthem. :D

Leaked promo video testimonials for Anthem’s Cataclysm event with required Proper Nouns: Testimonials from free lancers: ENGRAM, CATACLYSM, THE AUDITOR, BRIDGE, CENOTAPH, FLOATING TONE ARMS, HAPPINESS RUNDOWN.

THE AUDITOR is both the next Anthem villain and a CoS grunt.

Haha.

I guess those with 600 hours in Anthem could fit into that? Or Star Citizen whales?

Tell me more about the Bridge and the golden age of tech.
Oh, its /those/ guys… well, the music was addictive, time to find out about PT and Processes that haven’t been available to me before. Wonder if I can bring some of them into DevOps.