Anthem - BioWare's take on Destiny

I’m considering getting premiere as well. On the livestream today they said that participants would be able to invite some friends who haven’t preordered to the demo.

Also, a screenshot from the livestream I found quite happy-making:

Really like the customizable sensitivity settings for different aiming vs flying being built in.

Which lancher client will this be on? I have hard time keeping them apart.

For PC? Origin

When does the demo hit? Thinking about subscribing to Premiere right before that.

I’m considering it, but will likely wait until the demo to make a final decision. Game like this is one that I normally would wait a few months to let them get the kinks out.

The vip demo starts 9am pacific next Friday. It will be available for download two days prior.

@Gedd everyone in the vip demo is going to get three friend codes. Someone will be able to hook you up.

Really? Someone hook me up when the time comes :)

Oh, that’s awesome. I thought the VIP demo was limited to pre-orders/premier. Smart of them to let folks get a perfect group size going. My solo adventures in the alpha demo were a bit…rough.

Yeah, I think it is really smart as well. Not only will you have more fun if you have friends along, but they may then want to buy it as well.

I am probably going to pre-order the Legion of Dawn edition. As I understand it, that gives me everything that Premiere would, including access to the demo.

Premiere is only $20 more, but there is nothing else in their catalog that I want to play, other than stuff I already have. I see no other advantage to joining Premiere (unless I missed something).

The one other advantage to premiere (which may be completely unimportant to you) is the ability to play the full release early. I thought it was 5 days, but I on reddit earlier it will be a week. In my case, there are quite a few things in the vault I’d like to play, like Opus Magnum. I can also try out Andromeda, which some people seem to like quite a bit, without having to buy it. Ofc, the downside is that if you continue to play Anthem, you are locked into keeping premiere or buying the game.

I wonder if we’ll ever find out why the Javelins have double sets of knees. Seems like that would make them less stable.

So they can form Voltron

Aw damn! Think of the crazy fun you could have if you could get four or five javelins joined together into a larger form, with each player retaining control of their body part? “No, you idiot, you step forward, then wait for Joe to step his leg forward! Pam, quit swinging that arm around!” It could be like that old Steve Martin movie All of Me, but we all get to be Lily Tomlin!

edit: another video

So they can beat very hasty retreat?

Yeah, that’s the dev stream from yesterday. Worth a watch. They show off an endgame activity called a “legendary contract”. Basically, these are multi-part quests you can get from three different factions. But there is some randomness to them, so they will be a little different every time. The system is modular so the devs can add new mission types after launch. It’s actually quite cool because they run into an enemy type called a titan and are rather surprised when it turns out there is more than one.

They hit a bug on the first run and the progress doesn’t update upon objective completion, so they start over. Ben Irving (the pov dev) gets a bunch of epic drops and one masterwork along the way.

Holy christ, seizure warning on that video. Who puts that front end together and thinks yah…this is great. Is it just me?

I thought it was kind of interesting in the video that they mentioned some enemies have fire and heat attacks that will persist on you if they connect, and will overheat the javelin so you can’t fly. Kind of puts me in mind of BattleTech, though I guess it probably doesn’t affect weapons systems, and might get annoying if it did.

Timestamp? Or do you mean the bottom right corner? Overall it looks ok to me, what bothers me a little though that a lot of UI elements are copied straight out of Inquisition and Andromeda.

These videos look pretty good.