Antihero

Love the Book Club characters!

I am supposed to have principles that make me ignore DLC, especially cosmetic ones… but that’s one tasty treat…

We (those who pre-ordered) get it for free!

Oh, haha: thought it was limited to the Steam purchasers.
I am secretly hoping some extensive theming sillyness… Alice’s gangs being rabbits :O

Lovely trailer, worth the watch!

I would imagine our purchases qualify as pre-orders, no?

Cool art!

I’ve seen that screen in-game many times, but only now just noticed that Thugs can infiltrate the masquerade building. Doh!

So excited for this game’s full release in a few weeks.

Another fun game @geggis, you gotta focus on VPs more. :p

Ignore my double trading house, that I get almost every round. ;)

@Goatgoatgoat I am sad the final assassination target , repeats after you kill them. Need like 2 more unique VP targets. ;)

I killed Ms. Merteuil, then she respawned the next round and @geggis killed her, then she respawned again for the final round of this game.

Yes, I agree! While we probably won’t actually get two more characters created & animated before the game ships, what I think I’ll probably end up doing is just randomizing the order that the assassination targets appear (not their # of hearts, just their appearances), and also randomizing their names, similar to how district names are randomized. So there will be multiple priests and society ladies and evil bankers and whatnot to bump off :)

I’d love to have but Mr. Nullhart disappeared after I’d whacked him once (I had a feeling he was about to move), then I forfeited a bribe for truancy officers to cripple your lantern generation. Fr. Whipple was gone by the time I’d got a gang ready. Just couldn’t get near the assassination targets early on, then it was too late. I need daggers earlier.

One of my favorite sounds in all of gaming is the first assassination target’s “I am heee-e-e-re…”

I just noticed I may have yet to purchase my first assassin!

“Tax collector!”

I love it when the guards/henchmen appear with a ‘What?!’ like they’re on high alert the moment they’re hired. I also love the low and slow ‘Okay’ that thugs say when they confirm an action.

Good game @lordkosc although it’s yet another map that’s favoured you! Two tradehouses, two churches, the bank and an estate while I got a tradehouse, Strangefellows, the orphanage and an estate. I made a few early mistakes (like forgetting I’d not upgraded to Explosives so couldn’t bag the jewellery after killing the guard, which you swiftly stole with a saboteur – seriously well played!) but I managed to pull back a 5v6 loss. I was one coin away from winning so despite the imbalanced configuration of buildings it was a close game. I’m guessing you trapped the churches too? Or at least the one that was accessible to me.

Still, as much as I like the orphanage and Strangefellows, you need plenty of coin to maximise their usefulness. I was getting zero coin and 2 lanterns per turn whereas you were bagging 5 coins and 4 lanterns, as well as whatever your thief and gang were pulling. You seemed to have so much coin that you could afford to use saboteurs to snag the large swag bags on my side of the map which hit my income even harder. This was another good play on your part but I’ve no idea how I’m supposed to counter that income and strategy combined.

@geggis Just about everything you could see was trapped. :p

Didn’t you start off with 3 VPs , in like turn 5? All I recall was VP VP VP, and me going… :O

Then I was all like mentally:

But as you said the map was in my favor! ;)
I was even stealing all the masks so you couldn’t attend the party again. :p
My lantern and coin income was immense!
I don’t think our gangs ever met!
Many church palms were greased!

Then I had this weird game with a Steam friend, and he spent like no gold. Heh…

Ignore the fact, that I ALWAYS get 2 trade houses.

@geggis: He meant against him. Leave me out of it…

Still playing around with the early 2-gang. I had a 2nd trading house so it seemed like a good time for it, but the 1st 2 targets showed up on geggis’ side and geggis had an orphanage right at the HQ. An orphanage is very handy on the dock map…

Feel free to send a rematch challenge.

Not sure I get what you’re referring to here ron!

Invite sent!

I mean, look at that screenshot! 15 coin (+5 per turn) – after purchasing an assassin – 12 lanterns (+5 per turn), all visible/accessible buildings trapped, all visible/accessible buildings fully leveled, 6 masks and a 5HP gang fully leveled.

Yeah, I had just enough resources thanks to charity as well as Fr. Whipple wandering into my territory to secure three VPs in one turn. I needed to get a lead while I could.

I had enough masks for my final turn (thanks to saboteur pilfering) just not enough gold to weather the masquerade trap!