Antihero

This is Antihero. It’s got to be wintry ;-)

:p Damn spell check!

Also, itch shows me at 70 hours played. Just one more turn!

Yes! Probably (definitely) not at release, but it’s the sort of quality-of-life thing I’d love to add post-launch. (Actually, it’s the sort of thing I’d love to add pre-launch, but my plate is just too full with all sorts of other annoying stuff.)

I only have 3 active games, need moar invites plz.

Fun game vs @Goatgoatgoat , I have a poor track record on this map, even more so when I don’t have double trade houses. So I was surprised to win it. :D

The most imbalanced map I’ve ever encountered @lordkosc. I mean, look at it:

I had two lvl.3 trading houses, the lvl.1 bank and two churches at one point with two estates on my doorstep! The proximity of everything to me was absurd.

Edit: you did very well fending me off though, for what it’s worth.

I wish starting locations were on the west and east corners of the map, it would balance it better. But yeah having the orphanage and thug bar as my 2 options and eventually the bank, which we fought over, was not a great layout.

So @lordkosc and I are playing on the Masquerade map and I had a few questions @Goatgoatgoat:

Do the placement of masks change each turn? I’m sure they do. If so, what are your thoughts on them spawning and changing places every few turns instead so that each player has the chance to see whether the other is stealing them around the city? I think this could open up more tactical play when fighting for VPs, with certain mask locations becoming more hotly contested. Perhaps you notice that one or two have been pinched and there’s one left so you have to try and snag it to block them getting the VP. Do you spend 3 coin to nick it with a saboteur or save your money for the urchin/thug infiltration and use your thief’s moves to take it directly?

Also, saboteurs steal coins and masks, but they don’t steal jewels and art (instead setting a trap)… should this be clarified somewhere?

Patchesssss!

All games were wiped though. :(

I have sent a few invites, people plz invite me if I missed you.

Looks great! I like the price increases, they’re all game changing upgrades so to force a player into a tougher choice on where to spend all those lanterns is a good one.

@lordkosc:

@geggis oh my victory is coming!

@geggis Not sure what happened here, and on your last turn you had something like 20 coin in reserve. :D

Not sure what you said in your last message as the game disappeared.

I keep totally screwing up on this map treating the towers and palace like the boat on Wharf and mansion on Masquerade. I trapped a tower and the palace on the last turn… which makes no bloody sense now. I’ve done it before and it’s just so stupid of me. It’s like I just zone out. I understand how the map works but for some reason I just do… that. Gah. I’m annoyed at myself because I had the map mostly buttoned up. Very disappointing.

@Goatgoatgoat: I noticed this bug as well where the thug’s position moves when the tower is trapped:

There’s also a glitch where the palace still looks unlocked at the beginning of the opponent’s turn after the crown and goblet VPs have been taken. It snaps back to locked after a move has been made.

@geggis If I recall, I believe my final message was:

<3

You were almost toast. Almost.

Another fun game vs @goatgoatgoat , I am really liking the palace map.

@geggis is slapping me around on the Wharf map again, I await his post and my great shame for all to see.

@Goatgoatgoat: that bug reared its head again:

There’s supposed to be a thug there!

On the next turn @lordkosc attacked that tower with his gang without triggering the trap. I’m on a shoestring budget so can’t afford faulty bombs and additional thugs!

Strange. The invisible-thug bug, if I’m understanding it correctly: you put a thug in a guard tower, and the thug immediately disappears (but the game knows that he’s in there still, presumably)? Is it ever the case that your opponent’s thug is invisible to you, or is it just your own thugs? Also, this doesn’t happen every time, right?

Re: attacking the thug in a trapped Guard Tower - traps no longer trigger when you attack a guard in a trapped building, as of a couple patches ago. This was changed to make trapping guarded estates more interesting (when your opponent attacks the estate’s guard, the trap remains; when he tries to burgle with his thief, the trap is triggered, which is frequently a larger punishment).

The invisible/misaligned thug bug appeared when I trapped my own towers with thugs already in them. The little thug below the guard tower balcony here:

He was actually the thug on the balcony before the trap was set.

So it’s not possible to protect your guard towers with traps? If that’s the case then I reckon it needs to be made clear somehow to prevent players from finding out the hard way. Something like ‘Reveals districts and sets traps. Traps don’t protect guards.’ in the description. I’d honestly not noticed this change until now and it looked like a bug to me!