Antihero

Anyone who wants to, send me an invite: Ananab Tilps

Yup, Dave pointed me to the thread and then how could I not buy it? For him, so he could get it for me.

I won’t get a chance to play for a bit, but I’ll let you all know my handle once I get it set up.

I cannot beat the AI yet on a skirmish. It really uses the gang to good effect.

And watch out for the truant officer! Run, Oliver Twist, run!

I’m in as Belouski. Sent invites to Ananab Tilps and Tgb.

Interested in this, but for the single-player, so will wait for now.

Finally beat the AI!

Now I can go visit family in peace!

Misguided -

I’m a single player kind of guy myself. I can think of two other games in which I enjoyed multiplayer matches* in over 30 years of computer gaming.

But given the ease of matchmaking, the fact that the game is async with a solid notification system, and the fact that you can jump in and play a turn in under 3 minutes, you really shouldn’t wait. Especially the price will almost certainly be going up when it hits Steam.

Did you play Chaos Reborn multiplayer? Because this is reminiscent of it, not so much the mechanics but the ease of play.

*Chaos Reborn and Twilight Struggle

I think the music is very suited to the game theme especially the title song.

I left my laptop behind today when I left my folks’ house. So much for Antihero for a while. Sorry to all who sent me a challenge.

I actually kickstarted chaos reborn, but haven’t played it much. I tried it fairly early on and it seemed rather confusing. I never got back to it. It could have changed dramatically since then.

@tgb123

Wow, I thought I had gotten to the boat in the nick of time to stop you and woo begone! The ship sailed away and you scored!

I put two urchins on the ship right away and it looks like you were coming to get me.

Timing is everything.

Good game, @tgb123!

I wish once you lost you could send a final text in the game but the game ends.

I am certain that I will now be thrashed by Mysterio and Dave Perkins : )

Alright, I can see which way the wind’s blowing, and bought in too. My name there is Thraeg, and I sent an initial challenge to @belouski.

I wonder how many more times I’ll forget about the Saboteur character…

Yep. And I agree there should be more of a review after a game is over. The match is short enough that there’s no reason not to be able to have a replay video.

A replay would let a beginner see the strategy that was used to kick one’s tookus. The game plays very fast; there is no turtling when you are a thief.

You just keep on forgetting about that dude! Do not pick our game to level up your strategy. Hmmm…I think that this note is a part of your strategy…

@Dave_Perkins and I were considering doing a running commentary in the game chat (vowing not to peek at the others notes), but since the game just sort of ends suddenly (what happens when you hit the “One more Burglary” button?), maybe people could start making game logs in this thread, hidden behind spoilers?

I do appreciate how access to the different buildings can lead to different strategies. That, and losing your gang early.

Dave kind of cheats by using maths and other nefarious machinations in these games. @Thraeg must cheat as well, since I’m batting about 0.100 against him over the past couple years.

Thanks for the game @tgb123 and I sent you invite for the Big City scenario. I haven’t played that one yet. I’m playing Thraeg in the Masquerade, so it will be interesting to see how differently they play. The hideouts start pretty close to each other in the Big City.

You’re on.