Any Co-Op Games on the Horizon?

So aside from Serious Sam II, are there any pc games on the horizon that will be offering co-op? I was counting on Stalker but the last I read it sounds like it won’t be shipping with it. I’m also one of the few who loved Dungeon Siege co-op, and eagerly await DS II, but even though I’m assuming it will support it I haven’t read anything official yet.

I know about Sven’s HL2 co-op mod but I doubt that will ship with the game. I also keep hoping that someone does a full campaign co-op mod for Far Cry. That game would kick ass in co-op.

So what else? A Doom III mod eventually? Diablo III???

Guild Wars?

Aside from MMOG’s. :)

I just don’t play 'em!

CDV’s Codename Panzers, which has received some rave reviews over here, does have coop support for the campaign mode AFAIK.

Splinter Cell 3’s co-op mode has gotten quite a bit of coverage.

Joint Operations has 32 player co-op over 11 missions.

Joint Ops ships next week.

Stalker coop would make my year, gaming wise.

Stalker coop would make my year, gaming wise.

Stalker co op is so important the forums thought he better say it twice! (and I agree!)

I was counting on Stalker but the last I read it sounds like it won’t be shipping with it.

Hum? I have to say, I always suspected it to be one of the features that won’t make it into the final game “due to time constraints” or something - announced shortly before the release - still, in the most recent preview I read they still were talking about it. Where did you read that?

Am I correct in saying that the Hidden and Dangerous 2 expansion, Sabre Squadron, won’t be including the promised co-op? Pretty sure I read it over at Blues. It’s the one thing that’s stopped me from buying H&D2.

Am I correct in saying that the Hidden and Dangerous 2 expansion, Sabre Squadron, won’t be including the promised co-op?

Yeah, the E3 brochure Blue’s tidbit was based on didn’t seem to mention coop at all. Brilliant idea in the first place anyway. Let’s take out the best feature of the predecessor!

EDIT: There will coop according to the official announcement. Phew.

Gathering, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: TTWO), today announced that it will release Hidden & Dangerous 2: Sabre Squadron, a new expansion disk for its hit WWII PC title Hidden & Dangerous 2 this fall. Sabre Squadron features nine new single-player campaign missions in four new locations plus the added ability to play all of these nine missions cooperatively over the Internet.

On the forums at the official site.

Alien Swarm, the mod for Unreal Tournament 2004, has an exceptional co-op mode.

Full Spectrum Warrior has a great co-op mode on Xbox Live. I assume that should make it into the upcoming PC version, no?

Has anyoner spent much time with Rainbow Six 3 in co-op? How does that play? I really wish HALO had co-op in the PC mode. None of my friends have XBox’s.

As a codicil to this topic, can anyone reccomend some good (better yet, great) co-op games for consoles? I’m getting my fiancee into gaming, but she doesn’t have any of her own consoles, so she’s only interested if we can play together. I’ve got some of the usual suspects - champions of norrath, fallout:bos, hunter and its sequels - but what else is out there? I could use suggestions, to keep me from buying shit like the “buffy” game, which claimed ot have co-op play, and turned out to have nothing but a ridiculously lame deathmatch mode.

My girlfriend and I had fun with Return of the King in co-op mode.

A bunch of us from a forum here in NZ have been playing a LOT of co-op Raven Shield recently, mostly Terrorist Hunt, and it’s superb. I’m broadband impaired, but the other guys are all running Ventrilo for voice comms.

Raven Shield is great as most people have managed to get a bundled copy with whatever piece of hardware they’ve purchased recently (vid card, sound card etc.). No-one is really bothering with the expansion.

Raven Shield (on the PC, at least) is really, really good as a coop game – terrorist hunt is a blast. Note, though, if you’re used to UT and Quake, the tactical shooter style of game takes a bit of adjustment.