Anyone else playing Demon's Souls?

I love Bloodborne but my biggest complaint against it is the sameness of the environments compared to DS3 or as you say Demon’s Souls.

As someone that really, really enjoyed Demons’ Souls, burned out on Dark Souls, and enjoyed Bloodborne a great deal until ‘Souls’ fatigue set in, I find myself considering a fresh reboot with Dark Souls III now and then. Is it the pinnacle of the series/ format? At the same time, I also consider returning to Bloodborne just as often. My thoughts about Bloodborne now are sort of like Monster Hunter. I regularly consider returning fresh with “but I will use a different weapon this time”, yet fear I just can’t go home again. I worry that the Souls/MH formulas have lost their bite on me leaving only wistful nostalgia that is painfully unable to be rekindled. And yet…I can’t keep from considering it every sale cycle.

I guess I lasted longer than you did. By Dark Souls 3 DLC, I never wanted to see another Souls game again. Fortunately, variations on the formula are still fine. I liked Sekiro.

Seems crazy to revisit Bloodborne until we hear whether we’ll get a re-release.

I think DS3 has a lot more build variety than Bloodborne, if that’s what you’re going for. It’s possible to make magic builds, in a way, in BB, but not quick or simple.

Thanks for the thoughts. @TimJames What do you mean about “whether we will get a re-release.” Do you mean a “Remastered” edition or something? Those too, I didn’t really pay attention to.

My Bloodborne temptation is because:

1. Never finished it. I think I got halfway to 2/3 of the way through the game a few times (each with the axe)
  2. Some of the DLC weapons look fun
  3. Awaiting the CMON board game

My Dark Souls III temptation is from not looking at the Dark Souls series at all since walking away from Dark Souls 1 on PS3.

I could easily have beaten Bloodbourne, but I opted to continue into the DLC, got bogged down in one of the boss fights (the one in the attic against the super-fast lady) and never finished it. I regret that somewhat.

Demon’s Souls, uh, remake or remaster not sure finally being confirmed for PS5 is nice news. Oh it’s a “remake”, according to press.

Dude, you can’t just say that and not link:

I saw it live man. You had to be there to understand the magic!

God damn it this means I’m gonna need to get a PS5.

Time to finally give up on hopes of finishing Demon Souls on my PS3. :D

So it’s an entirely new game that is inspired by the content of the original game, but doesn’t use the exact same mechanics with just better graphics? I haven;'t played any remakes so am stuck on remaster mode. The balrog guy was new

It says Bluepoint at the start, so it’s going to be a Shadow-of-the-Colossus-type remaster.

Nobody remasters like Bluepoint, so it’s good news.

Still, fingers crossed on getting that cut-content archstone, eh?

There’s some screenshots out

There are a lot of things they can “fix” with Demon’s Souls.

The weapon upgrade system is definitely one of them. Needs a complete overall because it might as well be abstruse lemur moon magic if you are coming fresh off of Dark Souls 3.

Those look great, but it’s 3-1 & 3-2 I really want to see.

Hope they include some kind of easy/accessible mode this time. And maybe something changed with the world tendencies & bladestones.

I hope there’s at least some new content. I just played Demon’s Souls and the 1st Dark Souls through too many times (at least 4 each) - especially trying to get the truly awful farming for slabs, which required replaying some areas 100+ times because of my unavoidably obsessive need for platinum trophies. I don’t think I could muscle up another playthrough just because it’s prettier - one of my favorite games though.

Here’s a non official comparison shot

Looks almost the same!

Holy shit, man. Wow.