Anyone else playing Demon's Souls?

Direct video:

I think that’s Flamelurker.

Bloodborne is probably the best souls game (my personal fave) and I think it’s a wonderful thing to return to, remaster or no (but we’re probably getting a remaster for PC, hoping they announce at the PC gamer show this sat).

However, DS3 is probably the easiest game to return to in order to scratch that souls itch. It looks great. Runs great. The community is still incredibly active. There are enough new mechanics to keep builds/weapon choices interesting, and the DLC is best in class.

It also has a lot of awesome callbacks and references to DS1 and Demon’s Souls.

Def flamelurker. Fighting that guy now lol.

Wow, amazing how much I’ve forgotten of the game. You’re right, of course.

From those screenshots, I can see how they’d need a 30 fps mode to run on console. That level of detail doesn’t seem too bad at 1080p60, but once you start adding in the lighting, ray tracing, and 4K, then I’m not surprised it’s a bit slower. I guess that’s fair.

I’m glad there’s an option, but that choice is so painful when consoles are stuck in time. You can have great graphics or good framerate, but never both. They show you what’s possible and then tell you that you can never have it. Maybe the PS5 Pro will do it, but there’s no guarantee there either.

I really like Demon’s Souls, although the last time I tried to play on an emulator at 1440p60, I got bored after a little while. The later stages lose steam. I think I’d rather have a Bloodborne remaster so I’m holding out for that rumor.

It is a pretty dramatic redesign of the character. I can totally see someone looking at the big demon and wondering who it was.

Ideally it would be best if console games had the option of performance (locked 60 lower visuals), quality (locked 30 high visuals) and unrestricted quality (unlocked fps high visuals) for VRR TVs and future proofing.

To date, Demon’s Souls is my only platinum PS trophy. It was not easy, but I loved the game THAT much. It defined a new genre of RPG titles, and the replayability in character type and strategy was awesome. I was ready to write the whole PS5 launch video off until I saw that body hanging from those talons… Then I was in. My only worry is that my rosy view of the game doesn’t hold up to reality after a decade of refining the formula (perfected in DS3 maybe?) But I’m willing to find out =)

Bring on the:

it holds up well, I replay it every second year…

I did the platinum twice, on the EU and US versions. I went back for a normal play through last year and it holds up very well. I still think it’s the best of them all - it’s still the most thought-through, interesting platinum I have encountered (in fairness Dark I was great as well) with just the small mis-step of Pure Bladestone letting it down. :P

Demon’s Souls is the only game I ever ordered from overseas - I imported the Japanese version before it came out stateside. Awesome game that really changed the landscape.

Same
dst1
Asian Import:

Toughest Soul Trophy
Very Rare 6.9%
All Trophies Obtained
1/2/2010 7:45

Atlus NA:

Toughest Soul Trophy
Ultra Rare 3.1%
All Trophies Obtained
9/15/2011 4:07

I beat the game on easy mode (sorcerer). I started as a knight. I am not sure how hard it will be, but I try my best with a strength build. Going for pure white world tendency.

For the remake, they need to keep world tendency, but maybe make it different in shifting (or keep it same). If you want pure white to have the tendency events open, you need to kill the bosses and then kill yourself in the nexus. Not sure, how they going to change it. Maybe have more black phantom respawning NPCs roaming the world?

What Bluepoint will not need to change is voice acting. It was already perfect in the original.

In before someone else says it…

I also like that if you stab the Maiden in Black she says, sheepishly “I’m sorry, I cannot die.”

I will probably play Demon Souls in about 5 years if my daughter ever moves out, as I will then probably get a console to replace her PS4. That would give me 2 console games, Demon Souls and Bloodborne.

I hope, hope, hope it will be a PS5 launch title. I am looking forward how it will be different from the original, because I can have both. Also multiplayer and messaging, and everything… bluepoint did such a great job with Shadow of the colossus. I trust them.

in order to get PWWT I need +3 tendency in Boletarian Palace. I already had +1 by killing Phalanx, I will get +1 killing Tower Knight. So +1 is missing in order to open the locked gate at 1-1. After Tower Knight, the progress is stopped, I think you need to kill other bosses to get to 1-3. So the only way to get PWWT soon is to kill the red dragon. Standard procedure is a compound bow +3, 130 arrows and shooting him on the first tower in 1-2 everytime he passes by. Takes about 20 minutes. Sorry, red dragon, but I need the gate open.

Also, I decided I want a crushing claymore. So I have it on +3 now, now is the time to go back to Stonefang 2-2 and get those greystones. And the flamelurker. Also I am ready for Shrine of storms. I can kill the skeletons with 2-3 hits now.

OK, first Tower Knight, then Stonefang 2-2, maybe flamelurker, then Shrine of storms.

There is something that bothered me from the first time I played DS. In the nexus there is this huge ramp that leads to nothing. But I always thought, that it would be the entrance to the bridge in Boletaria 1-1 … Would it kill the lore, when you could walk through a gate into Boletaria from the nexus in the remake? Probabl. They will never do that.

I think I love world tendency in the game, I hope it comes back and with online tendency. Imagine, you play the game one day on PWT and next they the community shifted it to pure black, making everything harder. Also I was surprised when someday the gate in boletaria 1-1 was suddenly opened. That was cool.