Anyone ever tried Applebees carside to go?

I actually tried Moxie this past weekend. While I didn’t care for it (not liking most sugared sodas) I would simply say that it is because Moxie is a different flavor and not one I’m after.

It is not comparable to Beverly.

Beverly is the flavor of hate crimes.

Coke always. Why?

It’s called a rum & Coke, not a rum & Pepsi.

You can take a small sip and it lingers there. You can drink something else and it will still be there. It is a cruel and unusual punishment and I wish it against only my most wretched nemesis.

Actually, the proper name for the drink is a Cuba Libre, and it’s the combination of Coca Cola (originally just cola nut syrup), rum, and a smidge of lime.

Heathen.

We always spend at least 20 minutes talking people into trying the stuff. They accidentally created one of the best attractions in the park. Teenage boys are always up for a challenge, and they will also lean on their friends to try the horrid stuff next. You can very quickly end up with a Beverly chugging contest.

Nah. The last line is really “Oh, I’ll just have an iced tea, then. Thanks.”

Has anyone ever read it as “Applebees carsick to go?”

Just me?

Sure. Whatever works for you. My point is more that if I’m in a sit down restaurant where I feel that ordering a soda is the right accompaniment to my meal, the maker of that soda is of very little importance at that point. It’s a burger or whatever - just give me something fizzy.

For once I’m with Warren. Typically when I’m ordering a cola and don’t remember which the restaurant serves, I’ll answer with “coke, pepsi, whichever.” Same goes with lemon/lime, “sprite, 7up, whichever.”

Reading this made me nauseous.

…is that you don’t care about the differences between the two and aren’t prepared to let the fact that others might stop you from declaring your opinion to be ‘the coke or pepsi debate summed up’.

I’m with nlanza, though on the other side. If they only have Coke, I’ll take a soda water.

(Never iced tea. Far too often I ask for iced tea and the fucking assholes, the monsters, will sit a glass of Brisk down in front of me. Brisk! No warning. No ‘we only have Brisk’. If I wanted to piss on a pile of sugar and then drink it, I could do that at home, you fucking devilwhores!)

Let’s have a chat for a second. This is the internet. You’ve been here before, I know, but you’ve forgotten the most basic of rules. When someone states something on a message board, there is an implied “in my opinion” attached to it. That saves everyone the time of having to disclaim everything they say to prevent the next guy from becoming outraged about their assertion.

So, when I said:

“The coke or pepsi debate summed up…”

You’re expected to convert that into:

“The coke or pepsi debate summed up (in my opinion)…”

That’ll save you a lot of arguments in the future.

When someone states something on a message board, there is an implied “in my opinion” attached to it. That saves everyone the time of having to disclaim everything they say to prevent the next guy from becoming outraged about their assertion.

So, when I said:

“The coke or pepsi debate summed up…”

You’re expected to convert that into:

“The coke or pepsi debate summed up (in my opinion)…”

That’ll save you a lot of arguments in the future.

This is where someone will valiantly attempt to explain to Warren the difference between facts and opinions.

Also:
Cherry Coke > Coke > Dr. Pepper > Pibb > water

I actually usually append ‘but kindly keep in mind that every thought I have is stupid’ to the end of every one of your posts, Warren. And you’re right. It does work.

Cool. Well, keep doing that and maybe next time spare me the tiresome reply.

This thread is cracking me up, but no post moreso than this one. Very funny!

Completely agree. I think Outback does a good job with their food. I always get the big porterhouse because I’m a glutton and it’s always tasty. The service at our local Outback is always great as well.

Another chain that I used to turn my nose up at is Chili’s, but I’ve really come to appreciate their fajitas and a few other things they have. Decent margaritas also help.

Regarding this Beverly drink, I guess it’s super bitter because it has quinine. As someone that loves tonic water, is it possible that I might like it or is it so beyond that pale that literally no man could enjoy it?

I ain’t proud. I’ll take a free fuckin’ burger from Applebee’s, hell yes.

If given a choice between Applebees and Chili’s, I’ll always pick the latter. I’m not entirely certain why. They’re basically the same chain with different branding.

TGIF is right out though.

Yeah no Outback hate from me. Some of their food is really quite good for a chain, and not expensive either. I haven’t eaten at a Chili’s in a while, although I do remember ordering their fried shrimp and thought it was good. When I was 18 or so, a few friends all agreed we should go to Applebee’s one night, and me having never been there was fine with it. Until I ate my food. And got the bill. NEVER AGAIN.

TGIF is a last-resort-only-place-off-the-freeway-on-a-roadtrip-for-the-next-50-miles choice for me.