Anyone want to play a game of chess?

Here it is

No help though, please. I’m going to beat this guy. SS, if you’re out there…

no help, just a remark on what was played. When you play g6, I was expecting your next move would be bishop g7, instead you went for a queen walk. That struck me odd from a development point of view. Otherwise, strange how he gave up his knight on b3. You can do it!

1 vote to keep going.

+1 from me (I have time)

I was afraid of losing my c5 pawn to white’s bishop, otherwise I would have. I considered Na6 but d6 felt more natural…

Thanks!

If everyone else wants to go another round in the tourney I will too, of course. I’ll still be playing chess, regardless :-)

@newbrof thanks for running the tournament, which allowed me to scientifically prove how I suck at chess. And congrats on winning the title!

I’m happy to play another round.

ok, here we go Round 4 QueensGambit tournament

grafik

@Starflightdream challenge sent for round 4 QueensGambit. If you beat the final boss, you are the hero and winner of the tournament. I am waiting in my lair.

If I’m not mistaken his streak has already ended last October at Norway Chess 2020 against Duda.

It’s not a surprise Magnus reacted so calmly, IMHO. One of the reasons the top guys are better than other GMs is that they are better at shutting off their emotions. After this game is before the next game, and negative emotions are not helpful. Magnus is certainly angry about himself, for overlooking a simple tactic for a player of his class and getting outplayed like this, but he’ll deal with it after the tournament. So, yes, just a bad day at the office.

Gonna see if I can beat my record from last round and lose in fewer than 12 moves.

I think you’re probably right. I believe there’s some nitpicking going on as to whether the Norway Chess time controls (2 hours for the whole game, no time control increments) counts as a “classical” format. And the source I had for this weekend’s game being the end of the streak must have been bought into those nitpicks.

Well, if the stories I’ve read about the experience of playing against a young Kasparov are anything to go by, not all of the top players are quite so unemotional!

Unlikely against me!

Battle for the Bottom challenge sent!

don’t accept the pawn.

grafik

I always wondered what’s to prevent someone from cheating by using a computer AI for their moves?

Nothing. And it’s rampant in online chess. Luckily we are all honourable people here at QT3.

Why would you? There is nothing to gain from cheating. We don’t play for money or something. You would cheat yourself, because you only learn by your mistakes.

I just signed up for an account at Chess.com, and as far as I can tell you need a paid membership to get an analysis of your games, is that correct?

I’ve played a few bullet games. I prefer rapid/blitz on lichess, which is still quick but not quite so frantic. I enjoy it, but man, dumb mistakes happen A LOT.