Anyone want to play a game of chess?

I’m marksweston on Lichess. You should see me in the QT3 group.

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 11.31.26 AM

come on guys, we are 7 players now, odd number. Would be great to get 1 more player (or 3), so that nobody needs to wait

If anyone is on the fence about it, the following two, brief videos are quite informative:

lets go, Caro-Kann themed 1. e4 c6, we are 7 players, 3 rounds. One player will have a round with no game.

grafik

1st round

grafik

top player should sent invite with random colors e.g @Mark_Weston @tylertoo and @AWS260 should sent an invite.

Good luck!

Here’s a good 10-minute Caro Kann tutorial for black:

Speaking of Gothamchess, are folks following the whole Dewa_Kipas story? Pretty wild.

Oh dang, I would totally have jumped in on that tournament if I’d seen it over the weekend!

@newbrof perhaps it’s not too late? CFKane doesn’t have a partner this round

sure, @Murph just challenge lichess cfkaneqt3 ,here @CF_Kane
Murph will always play the 7th player if I cannot add you to the system.

Cool, our game has started. And I got black, and have never played this before, so this should be interesting.

Yes, exactly. I too have reached 2 … d5, achievement unlocked! Um, now what?

grafik

perfect, thanks @Murph now nobody needs to wait!

Thanks—always nice to get to play. I don’t think I have ever played an e4 game other than …e5 or …c5.

Yeah…I don’t care for this at all.

I didn’t think the Internet could get any stupider. Good thing Levy is so chill. I haven’t watched Twitch in almost a year but I caught some games this weekend. I can’t shake the pull!

Neither @Murph or I have played the Caro Kann, and I think he wound up in a rough line. I managed to pick up a win with white.

Play mmurphy1 • lichess.org

Thanks for the game!

it transposed to a french defense. The main move in Caro-Kann for black is to put the whitesquared bishop outside the pawn chain, that’s why you play c6 and not e6… then there are many lines to play.

Yeah that…went downhill fast. It was literally my first time ever playing that defense, and I can’t say that I care much for it. Or at least not the way it went down for me. Is this a multi-round tourney? Maybe it’ll go better next time.

yes, 3 rounds. Forgot to mention … I never feel comfortable when playing a Caro-Kann guy who knows what he is doing …