Anyone want to play a game of chess?

My first instinct was 1… R-e2.. I felt that was almost working and spent some time looking at those lines. I kind of stumbled into the solution from there.

@Mark_Weston, your last move in our game was so good that it broke lichess.

@tylertoo How is your Karo-Cann game going?

@Murph and I are still playing, but rarely get in more than move a day. Not sure if there’s a time zone difference but for my part, I’ve been extremely busy at work and forgetful about this. Apologies for holding this up. We restarted the original game that had timed out. Maybe Murph and I can find a time this weekend to play it out in real time, but if you don’t want to wait, I understand, and can forfeit.

no problem, don’t worry. Just wanted to make sure we are not waiting for a finished game.

Alas and alack, I am defeated!!

Thanks, @Murph, it was hard fought.

@newbrof sorry to tie up the tourney but we are ready for the next round finally.

Round 3, the final round Caro-Kann themed

grafik

standings

grafik

I guess that means we’re fighting it out for the World Championship, right?

Challenge issued.

yes, btw. the Candidates Tournament started this week after 1 year Corona break. I’ve bet some money last year on Caruana. He had a phenomenal round yesterday, where he caught MVL with excellent preparation.

@AWS260 challenge sent.

@newbrof the standings chart above doesn’t seem to reflect the outcome of my second round with Murph, but maybe it hadn’t updated when you took the screenshot.

it updated now

grafik

Caro Kann defense with @Murph

Good game, some fireworks in that one

Spicy! That’s a very nice mating web at the end.

Good game with @CF_Kane. That advance Caro Kann with the white pawn on e5 really cramps black. Not a big fan of this opening after the tournament tbh.

We should do a Stafford tournament next!

Another Caro Kann concluded.

When I blunder, I certainly blunder (move 10). Thanks for the game.

@Mark_Weston your move, not sure if you got the notification.

my game with @Mark_Weston timed out, unfortunately. Since my eval was -2.6 I count it as a loss.
I hate the Caro-Kann still, on both sides, I still don’t know how to play it ;)

final results after 3 rounds of Caro-Kann

grafik