aow pbem game

Looks like it’s not the only spawning site in that area. Enjoy the hunt.

Sorry, I didn’t know you were going for that. I thought it would be either @Thraeg or @Mysterio. Why didn’t you tell?

Seeing that people are clearing halls of forefathers and the like, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and took on a hall of forefathers and a lost city. Rewards were unremarkable, but, luckily, no units were lost. Met a hostile town and am releasing it now as a vassal. Pulling troops closer to my settlements to defend them against upcoming penguins. That’s all, folks!

Looks like it’s not impossible, thanks to Thraeg and Mysterio.

Um…do they specifically come for settlements, including fortresses…? If so, uh oh.

I don’t think they beeline to settlements / forts, but they are definitely not shy to come uninvited.

Damn, that was a terrible turn. I just lost 2 heroes and a bunch of troops to a titan. And the worst is, most of the enemy stack is dead, so its barely a threat.

On a different note, can regular units pick up items?

Sorry to hear about it.

They can send items to any available hero. They can’t carry them around.

Okay. Now I need to save up money to buy new freaking heroes. Right before the Arch Druid Assault. The timing sucks.

On a bright side, I’m about set up to build cool Mammoth Riders to help beef up all my Hunters and Druids.

There is a spell called Resurrect Hero, available to anyone,

But I have to research it I guess.

I guess I’m going to have to grab that sooner, rather then later.

Only 40 magic? Dang, I’ll grab it ASAP if I can.

Does the spell you research impact the next spell that is available?

It does, but the relation is complicated. Spells are broken into empire upgrades / strategic spells / combat spells. They say that when you research a spell from a category, you unlock another spell from the same category. Spells for class-specific units and improving spellcasting are their own categories.
Resurrect Hero costs 400 points to research and 80 points to cast. It’s a strategic spell.

Had a single notable fight this turn, but the rewards were so pitiful that I took gold instead. Bracing for the coming of the penguins, trying to figure out how to place stacks to provide fast enough response when needed.

Btw, I spotted this travelling circus:
archons

Okay, we’ll next turn, I’ll select some Strategic Spells.

They prefer flesh, so will chase down armies first iirc.

That looks like one of the two that have been stalking my armies.

Interesting…

Hey, @BloodyBattleBrain, are you ready to come back?

No new Age of Wonders turn huh?

Thursday was the Age of Wonders. We had two turns.

Who knows, maybe today is Thursday, too?

I spent most of the turn making mistakes. Next turn, I’ll have to pay the price.

My turn was super boring, except the Titan was still around, hurting me.

Boo Titan!

That being said, I saw a few penguins. Bad penguins!

My turn sucked. I took a knife (Shield units) to a gun (Berserkers) fight, and lost 5 units. Also lost a Fortress to marauders who spawned underground. Get your realm in order, @Thraeg.

When I load my next turn, the two Archon armies will have likely attacked me. Don’t fail me, battle AI and RNG!

One last thing: who the hell released Tyr upon us? Fess up!

Yeah, I’m not sure what a Tigran Rogue can bring to a fight against berserkers. Probably, assassins or shadow elementals? Haven’t tried this, myself.

I killed one stack of penguins last turn and expect to kill another one on their turn. Next turn, I expect to lose a settlement to Tyr and a fort to Archons. It’s also likely that one of my heroes will be attacked by a double Titan stack. I have no faith in AI.

I didn’t release Tyr, but I don’t consider this to be such a bad thing. I might do something similar in the future. When you capture a catalyst, you get some number of casting points and have to choose one of two events to happen. Free experience and items seem like a good outcome.

To AoW3?

I’m busy smashing planet fall.

I have a pbem against a dev coming up soon.