Apex Legends - battle royale in the Titanfall universe

I quite like him actually. I know a lot of people don’t but at least he just seems to be himself. Apparently he busted his arm and won’t be around for a while. Wonder how that much hurts their earnings. Not like they have sick days.

Not sure it’s possible to be a streamer and not be annoying. It’s like being a gameshow host who’s never off camera.

I’d recommend checking out Aculite. The guy is insane at fps but is really chill compared to most streamers. He’s the level of player I get matched with in pubg. Which is why I don’t play pubg much anymore. :)

Why does anyone bother with real jobs anymore?

Someone has to subscribe to the streamers.

They are working their way towards this I guess.

I mostly play Bloodhound and Lifeline. I like being able to sniff out baddies and tell my team.
Lifeline I like because I tend to play healers in FPS games that have that element.

I should give some of the other characters a try. I tried Gibraltar, but his hitbox is enormous and he doesn’t have any additional health…

Also, I wish the training mode was better. I really wish I could practice characters without impacting someone else’s game.

You know, if one of the characters was totally invincible but you know, like also couldn’t pick up or use weapons but could just woohoo! through levels like Daffy Duck - I’d totally play that character.

Love the “fuck where the team is landing, I’m going to me own spot!” guys.

Dude, I don’t care what kind of loot of terrain advantage you think you’re getting, it’s not going to overcome 3on1 odds.

it’s not a bad idea to spread out towards the end… I hate when someone jumps in to a place where there’s obviously 5 other squads going to. I’ll break off earlier when I see them doing that… at least earn some XP from hide and seek.

Tried to play a few rounds of PUBG with my friend and after two rounds I said I can’t play this anymore and uninstalled it. 2,213 hours is enough for me.

As for Apex I’m still really digging it. Sure it can use some improvements, but it’s so much damn fun for me. The fact that I’m way better at it than I ever was at PUBG probably has something to do with it. Had a 5 kill and 3 kill win + a 6 kills second place. Another round I wiped a squad and knocked 2 out of the 3 from the next squad before being killed because I ran out of healing. I so want to drop a 10 bomb at least once. I would have been at 6 kills in the first minute.

I thought they fixed the hit boxes. My biggest complaint and I’m sure it’s just my targeting, but I can unload on someone and then they shoot me once and I die. I need to remember to aim up!
I started a game where it was just me in the squad. I said f-it and dove right into the hotzone. Immediately was engaged and actually took out 2 squads!! I now have purple armor/helmet 3 phoenixes, 3 full meds and shields purple backpack and enough ammo. I’m able to avoid people after that and end up in the center early. I am stocked up with 4 teams left. I hear noise so I crouch and wait for the battle to come. Suddenly a firefight happens way off in the distance. Now it’s just 2 teams. I’m guessing a full squad but I’m still hearing the noise next to me. The first guy busts through the door and runs right past me. So does the second. My LMG is up ready to fire. The third runs in looks at me and is dazed. I fire point blank unloading a ton of bullets center mass. He shoots me one time and I died. I didn’t expect to win, but I would have liked to kill at least one of them and wraith out before they could just blast me.
My games last night were pathetic dying very early, but I did have a great moment when a squad was looting a teammates box and I just threw 2 grenades on them and watched the fireworks.

Only crate guns and would one shot you like that. Mastif likely. With that not much you can do especially solo if they are close range.

Some tips I have for what they are worth.

Download and warmup with an aim trainer. You can input exactly the settings you have in Apex. This helps a ton with muscle memory and figuring out the right sensitivity settings for you. I use Kovaaks FPS Aim Trainer

For reference I play at 1.6 and my dpi is 800. That’s around what a lot of pros play at. Shroud is 400 dpi and 3.0.

Strafing is key in close fights. If you hold still to shoot you will get lit up. This takes getting used to if you played pubg a lot but it’s a must.

Bind crouch to your mouse. I have ot bound to my mouse and it makes it way easier to use. Sliding and staying moving is super important. And sliding down a hill shooting someone is super fun. :)

Grenades are huge in this game. If you can open a fight with a barrage of grenades to weaken and confuse them you are vastly increasing your odds.

Get used to watching what type of shield they have and how much damage you are doing. This takes practice but all the good players use this to know when to keep fighting or bail. Make sure tou have the setting turned on that displays the picture of the shield. That helped me a ton.

Unfortunately I’m on xbox. Don’t hate!
I tend to avoid fights if I can or if we have been in them too long.
Forgot to ask.
What counts as a kill?
I shot someone I thought I knocked them down. Maybe it was a teammate, but then I definitely executed them, but I didn’t get the kill for it. Maybe it was just an xbox bug. I had all sorts of weird issues yesterday. my buddy and I were teamed up, but he’d keep going to match and I would just sit at the select screen or I would load in and get a black screen with the loading logo. The music and sound was going but nothing else.

You only get a kill if the knocked player is eliminated. If you knocked them you will get the kill even if someone else finishes them off. Perhaps they got rezed and knocked again? If you kill the last person in the squad all the knocked players die and whoever knocked each enemy gets the kill.

oh, did they fix the hitboxes? are they all the same now?
my problem is the big dude (who is the same speed, but larger than everyone) is simply a larger target and his shields don’t really protect him from being a bigger target.

As far as I know the hitboxes have not been adjusted yet. It’s something that they are looking at. Personally I think it may make more sense to just give the bigger players more health. Otherwise I’m shooting at parts that don’t count? That seems silly…

agreed. TTD in this game is TIGHT when shields are down.

For me it’s the opposite, the more I play Apex the less I like it. There’s something about the shooting that just feels off (weak weapons, low recoil), combined with all the audio/visual noise during combat which just makes me flat out dislike it.