Apex Legends - battle royale in the Titanfall universe

Well I have been on a rampage.
Is anyone playing this on XBOX?

I was champion 3 times in a row yesterday. SWEEEEET!!!
We had a 2 man team. My teammate was a new player. he gets taken down. I kill the bloodhoudnd culprit with a sniper (Man! longbow is awesome too bad I suck with it). Wraith tries to jump me. 301 her. Caustic keeps dropping traps around me and shooting. I’m dodging. Keeping a tree between me and him I take him out. My teammate is screaming at how tense the final battle was as I had no ammo left.

2nd game was amazing good teamwork.
3rd game. My teammate wanted to get in a firefight and I kept telling him to stay put with 5 teams left we were in a great spot. He wasn’t happy but he listened and because of that we kept high ground and were able to easily knock out the last 3 teams. Afterwards he had the most kills but he said the only reason we won was because of my strategy. So I may not be the best in a fire fight but I know when to let others do the work for me.

Then, this morning. I two mutey (mic less) sqaudmates. I drop us in airbase. After multiple blips to drop somewhere else. I get purple armor and fully kit my spitfire and peacekeeper all purple all in airbase. Teammates are doing nothing. they have guns stocked as well. We get in a couple of fire fights. Finally down to 3 teams. I kill the 3rd team sqaud. That left a blood hound and mirage and pathfinder. Kill patherfinder. Bloodhound takes down my teammate. I revive knock bloodhound. Mirage is left. I shoot him with the LMG 30,30, 90, hit him point blank with peacekeeper. Doesn’t die. I have gold armor at this point. He hits me 3 times and I die. My teammates are keeping him pinned and I’m on the other side of barrier. He’s healing up. I have gold knockdown. I revive. use a med pack. He takes out one of my squad. Then my 2nd teammate goes down. I jump over the rock and lmg peace keeper again for the win. My new favorite weapon combo.

I don’t always win, but when I do it’s a fun game to watch.

Seriously, I have zero kills. It’s pretty funny.

LOL! Don’t get me wrong. I’m getting 1-4 kills on average in a game and I still say the kill system is weird. I know I kill guys but don’t get the point for it.

It means that either someone else scored the last hit on them before they went down, or they later got revived and never fully died.

Yeah, you need to both be the one that knocks a guy down and have that person turn into a death box. That’s recorded as a kill. If they get brought back at a respawn point, you can “Kill” them again. Same thing.

The first game I played yesterday was a win. 4,4,2 was the kill count. We were a well-balanced team. Later last night I had a team with TWO guys with the yellow armor. Crazy! I never saw that before. I was wearing purple. We finished second.

I’m playing on PS4 but I can also play on PC. I have to use a controller though on PC. I get motion sickness if I don’t.

As for weapons @Shieldwolf, the Spitfire/Peackeeper combo is a good one. I run that a lot. If you can find a Devotion with the hop up (turbocharger) then that’s even better. I’ve been experimenting a lot lately, though. Sometimes I’m running EVA-8 with a 301, or an R99 with a G7. I do like to stick with a single ammo type sometimes because you can just load up and know you’re good and forget about ammo the rest of the round. I’ve had a lot of good luck with the RE-45 in the early game lately and sometimes have just hung onto that as my goto up close weapon while running G7/301 as the long range. It’s especially good with a purple clip extension.

I really like the eva8. It’s a really underated gun as is the r99.
If I’m not using a lmg, I’ve been trying to stick to one type of ammo for both guns. So running a flatline with a longbow or 301 with r99. No particular reason other than I spend less time on runing around like a chicken looking for different ammo types.

Really, the weapons balance in Apex is really top notch. Essentially all weapons are viable at high level play, with the exception of the guns which are essentially to be garbage, like the Mozambique and the P2020.

That’s definitely useful. At the beginning of the game I’m grabbing everything I see in case someone picks up a gun that needs the ammo type on the floor. Less bullets for them in that first 30-60 seconds can make all the difference. Once I have a gun I want, then I specialize.

The 'bique and the 2020 are fun for me in that initial run. Sure, they suck, but if you can use them against people with no armor you’ve got a fighting chance. They can hit real hard. 2020 fires as fast as you can pull the trigger pretty much and the bullets go where you aim. The weapon balance IS amazing.

I just really like how vertical the game has remained post-Titanfall and TF2. Yeah, you can’t double jump and you can’t move quite like a pilot, but you can get damn close, and knowing how to use height to avoid being seen and to get the first shot on people is so valuable. It’s a great game, and it’s FREE.

You sir nailed it. One of the main reasons I’m excited about a new Star Wars Fallen Order is because Respawn seems to understand how to play with environments. Titanfall 2 has some of the best level design ever. Probably my favorite since the orignial Half-life. I’m hoping that as Apex continues to grow we’ll get new maps in addition to guns and legends.

Pathfinder and Octane can be a devastating combination with their ability to get you to high places. I really like how those characters are useful in an entirely different way from just being good fighters, healers, looters.

Pathfinder is my main character i play, and it hurts to play other characters due to how limited their movement is.

I like him, but I really like Octane for his speed and that jump pad you can do a lot of fun things with. I can honestly play anyone but Caustic (don’t have him), though. I don’t mind skipping around if someone takes who I’m running a lot of, which lately has been Bangalore. I do really love that smoke. Her Ultimate is ok, but the smoke is so useful. I wish they’d give her the electric variety but maybe a new character will get that.

That’s another effect this game uses so well. Smoke, Caustic’s toxic barrels. That stuff is awesome in game. It’s a visual impairment that is actually useful and not just half-assed to have “smoke” in the game.

I stopped playing because I was already barely hanging on, and then I went on vacation for 2 weeks and fell further behind the skill curve and just don’t have the time to invest to ‘git gud’

I would like to get back into it - but would prefer to play with folks of my skill level :/

It’s still a great game. If viewership on Twitch is the new barometer of success, I’m getting off this videogames ride.

The idea that number of people watching other people play a video game means…anything… is dumb.

It’s also the reality we live in if you’re a multiplayer game, especially free to play. Certainly for a time after launch, if you don’t have streaming numbers it means you don’t exist. The numbers a while after launch don’t necessarily matter as much - it isn’t necessarily indicative of current players leaving, although with sales and download numbers hidden now, the media has nothing else to go on - but on the other hand for a free to play game if you’re not acquiring new users steadily your money line is on a downward slope and if you don’t have stream viewers you probably aren’t getting many new users.

I think concurrent players matters a lot more than streamers.

At EA PLAY in June, we will give you the first details on what you can expect from Season 2. We’ve seen all the feedback on Season 1 and look forward to showing you the improvements we’re making. For Season 2 you can expect a Battle Pass with more meaningful content, the introduction of a new Legend, the debut of a new weapon . . . and you didn’t expect Kings Canyon to stay the same forever, did you?

Lastly, regarding other games in development at Respawn, it is important to understand that there are entirely separate development teams working on Apex Legends and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Additionally, in order to fully support Apex Legends, we are pushing out plans for future Titanfall games. No resources from the Apex Legends team are being shifted to other titles in development here at the studio, nor are we pulling resources from the team working on Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

Bolding mine.

This is a thing that happened.