Apple Event WWDC 2019

Is it? What is it missing, beyond mouse support?

That may be a dealbreaker, but we don’t know that yet as we haven’t tried the new text selection stuff.

From what I heard, mouse support was in accessibility. So it might be there but didn’t make the keynote.

Oh here it comes.

I can see that. I imagine they want to focus on touch, and not make it seem like mouse input is going to become the norm.

Macrumors says the rumors are that a mouse can only be plugged-in via the USB-C port as an alternative input method. Which could explain why Apple isn’t too gung-ho about announcing that it only works with a wired mouse.

Oh great. I can design a reality in which I can afford a maxxed-out Mac Pro.

Like.

That’s weird. If they’re gonna support mice, why not support bluetooth?

Maybe it’s really intended for disabled people and they absolutely do not want anyone else to use it.

This is the third year where Apple is showing AR in a way that I think no human will ever use AR. I just can’t see people, even kids, playing games with their phones held in front of their faces like that.

Why are the game developer demos always at the same awkward cadences?

AR outside glasses is basically a tech demo. Its only use is for real estate agents showing furniture in an empty room.

Dude needs a beta blocker to fix those jitters on stage.

I always feel bad for those people. It is obvious Apple spends serious money on presentation training.

As soon as I saw the AR table, I knew I’d be yawning. But, once the glases come out, all of this is going to be amazing. I guess in about 5 years.

The glasses exist, they’re just way too expensive and bulky. In 5 years, maybe they’ll be like putting on sunglasses. And yeah that’ll be transformative.

Much sooner than that (consumer versions).

Don’t question my guesswork! Haven’t you seen the power of prognostication already proved in this thread alone? 5 years for what @stusser is talking about, sunglass style AR glasses, I think that’s reasonable. I just don’t think the battery and screen tech are there yet, and that’s what’s holding this up.

I, uh… know someone.

The 360 and DS4 controllers sound great, but not if it’s only going to be on the Apple TV. I want it on the iPad for Steam streaming as well.

I truly hope your Canadian girlfriend is right!