Apple TV+: Invasion

Ok, yeah, so it was the season finale, but I’m not sure Apple has renewed it for season 2.

There’s a similar alien invasion show called war of the worlds (2019) very grim and interesting developments.

Turns out it was indeed green lit for a second season. Yay?

Fool me once… won’t get fooled again!

A pox on Invasion and the horse it rode in on!

I needed something to put on in the background while I did some chores and Invasion was on the Apple TV+ recommendation list, so I gave it a try. This show is perfect for what I was doing, because there’s about 10 total minutes of actual show in each hour, and the rest can be safely ignored. I’m puttering along around the house and glancing at it every once in a while, and that works fine other than occasionally rewinding a bit when I missed the one minute of actual plot. Whoever came up with this show must be long on love of suspense/horror and short on any other kind of ideas. Do not watch this unless you’re in my situation and want something on that can be ignored 90% of the time without losing the thread.

Finished this last night. What. A. Turd. I was oddly fascinated by it, and never really bored, simply because it was so freakin’ odd in the way it mashed together different totally disparate things, without anything much actually happening. It was sort of like someone saw Waiting for Godot but didn’t really get the point, and then immediately spent a day screening art house films that didn’t quite make the cut at Cannes with a friend who was jonesing to make Independence Day, only “with feeling.”

There are some great (as in, panning but well-written) reviews like this one, and the comments are good too. One thing that no one seems to mention (and I confess I did not read up thread here on this) is why the hell the yahoos in that one episode attacked the military truck carrying the terribly emotionally wounded not-doctor, her scumbag cheating husband, and her incredibly whiny kids to…the Pentagon? (“Do they have toys there? Yes, very expensive toys” at least was a good line) for some reason. Were they possessed? Were they just normal New York rednecks? Were they pissed off they had to be in this show? Who knows?

All in all, if there is a second season I don’t know if I can watch it. Though at least the closing shot of the bad-ass alien ship/city/thing hanging out over the ocean was cool. Maybe the only cool shot in the entire film.

Oh, and I did like the leitmotif for the Japanese JASA lady. The music in general for the show was solid.