April Fools 2023 links n' whatnot can go in here should you be so inclined, ideally of at least a modicrum of interest to others than your own self (But we all know the REAL treasure was the friends we made along the way)

Tully missed you!

10 Likes

I’m so shell shocked by work lately that I had no idea what month we’re in.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Love this theme.

2 Likes

As always, other regions past the dateline started their celebrations today, and Japan loves their AFD jokes. Here are a few:

-From Sega, we got (among other things) maimai Pachislot, Chunithm Moon, and The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog, the last one being a free game on Steam:

-From Konami, we got cats wandering around in piano rhythm game Nostalgia, and the addition of “S-random” mode in Sound Voltex, where the note positions are shuffled on a per-note basis. While they’re time-limited for the short duration of AFD, these are actual in-game functions, not just joke announcements! (Sound Voltex also has a few songs that are only playable during AFD, with extreme gimmicks that break the normal rules of the game; Arcaea, a popular mobile rhythm game that takes some inspiration from Sound Voltex, also has a tradition of AFD joke songs.)

I haven’t been following stuff too closely otherwise, but I’m sure there have been some other good ones already from the parts of the world that are already observing the “holiday.” Additionally, at least one western game I play has existing AFD content: I picked up Cookie Clicker in the most recent Steam sale, and it has a “Business Day” joke theme active until April 2nd.

7 Likes

And LIKES are back babay! Not that I, personally, need that kind of affirmation, or anything…oh god, give me likes…

39 Likes

Have a like, friend!

Likes for everybody! And they are NEVER going away!

17 Likes

Didn’t realize I missed this theme and the likes, but I did!

15 Likes

Where are the dislikes?

11 Likes

This theme is growing on me. My eyesight must be getting worse…

5 Likes

Whoa. Purple tapir eater.

2 Likes

Small bright white text on a dark background…

10 Likes

Thanks, I hate it.

5 Likes

I was told there were likes.

23 Likes

If you’re not seeing them, refresh your browser.

If you are seeing them, have a like!

12 Likes

Oh, you have to do a hard reload on mobile to see them.

4 Likes

I completely forgot the date and just came back from a long work trip, so this was disorienting for longer than it should have been. I genuinely like the background color, though, and there’s no arguing with the tapir.

5 Likes

“Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it’s not like this compulsive need to be liked, like my need to be praised.”

~ some guy, probably

13 Likes

prince-prince-performing-on-stage---purple-rain-tour-photo-by-richard-e-aaronredferns2

11 Likes