Aquanox Deep Descent

Huh, I never noticed this at all, having never played WC2.

Then again, they did cast the excellent Jason Bernard as Eisen. So maybe it was just that they somehow got Malcolm McDowell on board and couldn’t say no.

Starlancer is a pretty typical sim, IIRC. No mouse and keyboard controls.

That’s fair. I think I did a bulletin mission and backtracked once or twice early in the game and didn’t like what I saw, so I never did it again unless the game forced me to, and the game never forced me too, which really surprised me. So I think I just assumed the rest of the “extra” content was just pointless filler like it was at the beginning.

Yeah, I’m that way too. Which is why I never went back to Freelancer once I was done with the story. Also, since Freelancer was the only space sim I played where I didn’t enjoy the moment-to-moment gameplay at all (because I couldn’t control it with the joystick), I think I just wanted to get through it without doing anything extra that would involve gameplay.

Aquanox 1 writing and dialog appear to be written by English-As-A-Second-Language (or third) people who then run the output through Google Translate. The results are then voice “acted” by uh, random people around the office. There’s so much bad about it with many many words with just wrong enunciation.

The dude in Freelancer probably has the worst haircut in all of gaming. Am I being picky?

He’s just got the Flash Gordon:

But they are not the same! The slightly longer and off center Flash Gordon indicates that besides being an intergalactic badass, he is also a man of passion and a big hit with the ladies (or men or aliens or …whatever). The dude from Freelancer looks like he spends his evenings quietly lubricating and polishing his power tools.

He looks like Mike Pence.

Can we get freelancer anywhere legally? Even if I thought it wasn’t super great I have a weird itch to play it. Maybe Microsoft store?

All I know is, like so many games, it’s stuck in some legal limbo, and might never see a digital release.

1. Freelancer worst haircut: um, center parted, long bangs to sides was kinda a thing in the 90s.

2. Aquanox 3 must have a virtual game box at least as awesome as

Last update from the end of August , said this will release this year.

https://www.thqnordic.com/article/aquanox-deep-descent-august-2019-update

Hopefully it won’t be an Apple exclusive.

Does showing off tits make the ship go faster or what?

Only when you have a Battletoads hand on the throttle.

Orcs in WH40k go faster if painted red.
Ships in Aquanox go faster if showing tits.

Then I can only imagine how fast the Rodger Young could move when Denise Richards was at the wheel in Starship Troopers.

I’m afraid it works only underwater, due to no boob bouncing without gravity.

Additionally, and to prevent one-sided sexism, boats go deeper if showing balls.
Coincidentally making non-op trans women the potentially best pilots.

I think we’re onto some profound lore here.

Hence the term Balls Deep being so prevalent in the navy.

Guys, you should really go out more. ;)
Of course the woman’s ship doesn’t go faster if her boobs are visible. All other ships are going slower! That’s where Aquanox scores its simulation points.