Archer

+1 - I set the DVR up, and I grabbed the new show coming on after it to give it a try as well. I forget what it’s called, but this way I’ll grab the last bit of Archer if it runs over, as well.

Can I admit something stupid? I don’t get the “LANA! Danger zone!” joke. Is it because Lana, Laaana, kind of sounds like highway to the if you say it right?

It’s because it annoys Lana so much.

Holy crap, that was awesome.

You do know it’s a Kenny Loggins song from the Top Gun soundtrack, right?

So glad it’s back, and a good start to the season!

So between Archer and Saints Row the Third is Burt Reynolds hitting some kind of Chuck Norris thing now?

“White Knights” is the perfect Archer episode. Discuss.

I claimed as much yesterday while watching the show. He’s entered the self-parody portion of his career. I don’t think he’s going to turn it into a full career revitalization a la Neil Patrick Harris, but he’s doing it in such a way that it doesn’t seem desperate, so it’s fun to watch.

Yes. Again, I don’t get it. Is there more to it than just sounding like the song kind of (but not really the way Archer said it at the time)?

It’s because:

a) It irritates Lana

b) It’s a terrible song

That’s all, really.

Literally, you could drown a baby in my panties. Not that you’d want to.

Sploosh

Oh? It’s nice to meet you, Hal Needham.

It’s also a callback joke. In the first season - maybe it was the first episode? - Sterling made a crack about how Lana secretly still wanted his junk and so her constant interest in what he was doing was a symptom that she was edging into “The Danger Zone.”

Always remember to get a receipt, y’all.

The “Danger Zone” Archer is talking about is being in love with him. His saying “Danger Zone” is just his way of mocking Lana by saying she’s still in love with him whenever he does anything impressive. It’s why he needs her attention before he says it so he says her name.

“You think it’s the Predator, don’t you?”

“What the hell, damn guy?!”

Archer’s childlike innocence around cats is fantastic (I’VE NEVER SEEN AN OCELOT!). Something about the way he says, “Did I tell you we met a tiger” (instead of saw a tiger) is everything I love about this show in one line.

“You’re not my friend, you’re a Decepticon!”