Archer

Hey, Europe, be gayer.

“I think there might be a racial component to it”

No love for this week’s Archer, or am I the only one still watching? This one might have been the naughtiest yet.

btw, if you’re a Twitter user (I’m not, much), the “official” Sterling Archer account appears to be http://twitter.com/codenameduchess . Whoever is doing it has the tone PERFECT.

“Just caught Woodhouse weeping into a dishtowel again. (I know it’s wrong to laugh when this happens, but it absolutely slays me.)”

And he responds to replies.

Wow, great find. That whole twitter is absolutely hilarious. I love the newest one: “Just bought, owned, and then lost a pretty expensive scarf. All of this happened within 20 minutes, tops. Circle of life, amigos…”

Okay, I just checked and that is indeed the official twitter account. I love the Archer Just the Tip of the Day (AJTTOTD):

Keep a tube of crazy glue in your glovebox. Then whenever you drive somewhere, that sound you hear? That’s peace of mind.

Oh, one annoying thing about the show - the sound levels are all over the place. Anyone else noticed this? I’ve observed it on two different TVs.

Yeah, we had to turn the volume WAY up last night, and still had to rewind a couple of times to catch something. We’re having the same problem with Fringe, though, so I’m not sure what is going on.

Malory: “Locate a stolen shipment of Redeye Missiles and kill the arms dealer trying to sell them. Spiridon Scorpio.”

Archer: (Looks at picture) “Whoa… What, is Diabetes busy?”

Wah-womp!

This week’s may have been the best yet. The office functionaries in the lab were hilarious.

FINALLY, full episodes are up on hulu. The first two are up, but hulu doesn’t say what the upload schedule is for the rest.

-Tim

Mancy.

Herbalaire Review

“Hello, airplanes? Yeah, it’s blimps. You win.”

This show is great! It seems like they’re getting steadily better as the episodes progress.

“Ohh, I get it! The German guy with the scar must be the bad guy! Well, you know how I got this scar? Saving a Jewish girl from a gang of skinheads!”

And good find on the twitter page, jerri!

Re: the German guy’s conversation with Lana, I had to turn on captioning to see that he’d been treated to a “curb party” for saving the Jewish girl. I loved Lana’s “Well, now I feel like an asshole.”

The show’s certainly getting raunchier with each new episode. One doesn’t expect to hear conversations about unkempt bushes and vulvas that are as smooth as veal cutlets on prime-time TV, much less in an animated series.

Not that I mind. :)

Speaking of Twitter, I’m also now following @archerprod. Not as funny as codenameduchess but pretty informative for Archer fans.

Right? This show just seems to push the boundaries a bit further with each episode, and I am adoring it. Oh, and Archer’s twitter is god damned hilarious:

“Tapioca pudding. Con: insane amount of carbs and sugars. Pro: tastes like you’re going down on an angel.”

OMG I’m still laughing.

I watched the first two episodes, and they’re great! Thanks for the heads-up, qt3.

And now episode 3, Diversity Hire, is on hulu.

Oohhh, I loved that one:

“Hey, what you shoulda gone with right there…was Sammy GAYVIS Junior…”

“Dammit!”

I’ve loved every one of these so far, they are just getting better and better. But now we have to wait a long time for new episodes. I think that seven ep run was all FX bought originally.

I need a butler.

“Schoolgirls, Archer? Really?”
“They’re just costumes, mother.”
“Oh, yes, that’s MUCH better.”

Here is a great one from the Twitter feed: “She’s probably hesitant because she wants to be the prettier one in the threesome. Gently explain to her how this defeats the purpose.”