Archer

Ten episodes for the first season. It takes them about a month to make each one, but they’ve got ten finished for the first run.

Checking Ausiello (ghlugfffggh), he’s not exactly bullish on the renewal prospects, which makes me sad, but I’m holding out hope.

Good news - Archer has been renewed for a second season of 13 episodes.

That is awesome, just sad that we’re getting so few this season.

Well… isn’t it?

Archer has been getting absurdly terrible ratings, so happy to see it get picked up nonetheless.

Has it really? I’m surprised by that. I would have thought it would definitely get the kind of ratings FX is looking for. Perhaps not running it opposite Burn Notice would help.

Not bad news, certainly. I’m all for anything that delivers more H. Jon Benjamin to the market. If it’s at least out-performing Adult Swim, I would think that they could still make a decent profit with the DVD sales baked in.

14-Jan-10 FX Archer .9/2 1.82
21-Jan-10 FX Archer .7/2 1.23
28-Jan-10 FX Archer .5/1 0.87
4-Feb-10 FX Archer .4/1 0.62
11-Feb-10 FX Archer .3/1 0.76
18-Feb-10 FX Archer .4/1 0.87

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/19/ratings-for-archer-rise-vs-olympics-burn-notice-drops

But yeah, since the show is supposedly cheap to create, and it’ll probably make a killing on DVD/iTunes/etc., a second season is understandable

I just don’t get numbers like that. Apparently my sense of humor is so far away from the American norm as to not be in the same universe.

Very psyched that this is getting renewed. I only managed to catch up on it last week, but it’s absolutely at the top of my must-watch list now. The time slot and the lack of legal ways to watch the episodes on the net was a pretty big barrier to entry - my friends were telling me how great it was, but I had no real way to watch it. I ended up catching the first two episodes when they finally put them up, then using my DVR and the episode guide to grab all of the other ones off the re-runs over the last couple of weeks, so that by last Thursday I could finally watch them all in order.

I think there’s a marathon this weekend, if you have friends who need convincing.

Archer is like the 3rd or 4th best thing on television right now.

I can’t disagree with any part of this statement.

Shame to hear about the ratings. What the hell are the It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia fans watching if not Archer. Love the series, hope it manages to last awhile.

“Woodhouse! He’s all tied up somewhere… scared and alone! Probably dehydrated!”

This show is god damn hilarious.

In case anyone cares, Hulu has posted its update schedule for this show. Apparently, episodes will be posted 30 days after airing, which means the next episode posted will presumably be next Thursday or thereabouts.

Huh, strange that the FX site doesn’t have all of the episodes either, only four of 'em. Boo.

I wouldn’t have even known it existed if not for this thread. Still never figured out when it was on, but I’ll try to check it out on Hulu some time.

Or are you referring to the huge drop in ratings from episode one? That’s a different story, I guess.

Thursdays at 10 PM on FX, I believe.

“I love that I have an erection … that didn’t involve homeless people.”