Are you fan enough for Crusader Kings 2?

I have the same problem with wives… :P

I still hate that if you make the slightest changes to start conditions you don’t get achievements. That sucks.

Apparently there is also an external “mod” that actually makes random maps as well. Go nuts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ck2Generator/comments/9xsyi9/ck2_map_generator_v01_released/

Awesome!

It looks like the Map Generator is somewhat of a work in progress (e.g., no rivers yet), but the creator is active and moving fast. This looks very promising.

Meanwhile on the Earth map, with the new patch I can now proclaim West Africa fun to play! There are three kingdoms that comprise the empire of Mali now, not one, so there is more early-to-mid game fun as you consolidate down on the south west corner of the map. Two gold mines, mmmm. There’s also now a saharan trade route that you can develop if that’s what you want.

Most importantly, though, there’s now a land connection to Nubia/Ethiopia So once you’ve consolidate west and central africa there’s three directions you can go (Northwest Africa, North Central Africa, and East Africa).

Of course, with Holy Fury you also have all the fun with the African warrior lodge society, reforming African into an organised religion, etc.

Man this game has never been better.

If you’re actively playing this, did you disable anything before starting this playthru? I’m assuming Aztecs, but anything else?

I haven’t disabled anything, even Aztecs (although if I am playing in Spain I do). The Aztecs get a bad wrap, but I think gameplay-wise it’s good to have a lategame large force invading the west just as you do in the east with the Mongols. Of course, it’s completely ahistorical, just depends on your tolerance for such things.

Keep in mind I am not an expert, I only have 205 hours in the game (which is lightweight!).

Just saw this on facebook and thought it was pretty funny/awesome.

Just goes to show that anything is possible in CK2! :)

Secret insanity trait.