Are you good enough at Twilight Struggle to enter a tournament?

Yes it is.

FYI, @Cattlesquat vs. @Berbatov has been underway for a day or two - forgot to mention.

@Syzygy - you should now have an invite (it’s been a looooong week :) )

@Berbatov over @Cattlesquat in a total squatting in about turn 5.

I tried to end it for you guys, but it was not to be! :-)

Brian

An inordinate amount of luck in my favor - the Twilight Struggle gods must want the games to go on…

Oh, wow!

ForzaA, it’s on me too. I started a new job last Monday so have also been trying to find time. :)

Did @jeromeymartin (Habbaku) respond and is the game underway, @gumers? This is an important game as the winner will likely enter the playoffs since Brian lost.

@Brooski and @dstone112 – I know you guys are friends so the game has started I trust?

@tcgamer and @tylertoo – is the game underway?

@buzznaut and @Borges – is the game underway?

@TheRockSal and @DoggieMon – is the game underway?

Yes and the dice hate me.

Agreed to play the game in semi-real-time sometime sometime this week or
next weekend …

Don.

Yeah my schedule sucks right now so with the time diff we’re gonna need a semi-realtime game.

@CraigM (aka Vladimir Putin) triumphs over SadleyBradley (aka Donald Trump). Just like real life!

Sorry I couldn’t have given you a better game, Craig. I was a little demoralized after a first turn that saw me roll two 1’s on important coups and then losing West Germany. My heart just wasn’t in it after that!

You had a tough path, for sure. I controlled Europe because a Blockade play (though you Trumaning with 3 Soviet influence in WG almost threatened that), but I did it AR5 for a reason, because I knew I’d get to reply first. Plus with France empty I’d have 2 turns to fill unopposed.

But I closed off Asia, and even managed to take Israel. So I don’t really see a reliable path back in for you. But lest you accuse the dice of bias, those 3 60% realignment rolls in Africa all failing consecutively :). But the game was well in hand, I was merely trying to keep Africa from being a path back.

Oh, definitely. It was as much my boneheadedness as anything else. I should have held a 3-ops card for Blockade. But you were just rolling over me influence-wise due to Red Scare/Purge, and I used my high-ops cards in a (vain) effort to keep up. I didn’t mean to diminish your victory – I was outplayed the entire way!

No word from buzznaut yet.

Hey! Buzznaut! Get yer dukes up!

Sorry, @Borges there have been a few drop outs and I probably could have tracked them better (challonge doesn’t allow it) but I just double checked and buzznaut PMed me and said he was dropping out of the tournament.

No problem :-)