Argylle - "meta" spy thriller with Henry Cavill

This trailer is really fun. I’m intrigued!

Dude,Sam Rockwell? I’m there. And Dua Lipa in that opening segment.

Quite a cast, and meta as well. I am intrigued.

The music syncopation on that opening fight scene was tight, and the choreography looked solid.

I went from having no idea what this was to super interested.

I hope everyone wears green Argyle socks.

“This is Christmas music!”

If this is their idea of Christmas, I GOTTA be here for New Year’s.

Yippie-ki-yay MoFo!

That looks so dumb, I love it.

I sincerely hope it will be better than the King’s Man snoozefest, the only failure of Vaughn so far.

They had me at Elvis.

I like every Matthew Vaughn film I see less than the last, so I have serious reservations about this, especially given how much it screams “from the director of Kingsmen”. Also some really obviously bad compositing in some of those shots.

I do love the cast though, and if I’d never heard of Vaughn I’d probably be into this. Maybe he’ll surprise me, and maybe it will help that he didn’t write this.

I feel like the Jurassic World movies have ruined Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard for me, I just can’t watch anything with them in and think to myself they are good actors.

The trailer gives me the irreverent vibe of the Hitman’s Bodyguard movies. I’m up for that.

I don’t know that this is the kind of movie that requires good actors…

My wife is a sucker for movies that are about authors who get caught up in their plots (American Dreamer, Romancing the Stone, The Lost City) so she’s in, which means I’m in!

Looks fun but isn’t February still a dumping ground for crappy movies to be released in?

This style of plot reminds me of the Umberto Eco novel Foucault’s Pendulum. I always thought it would have made an interesting adaption and sort of half expected someone to do it contemporaneous to when they did one of The Name of the Rose.

That’s more January… But it’s an Apple Pictures film, so it’ll be on Apple TV+ not a really long time after release.