Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

Before transferring (and overwriting a character), Greywind could first log into that server directly, join someone’s tribe (which would assign tribe ownership to his dinos/structures there), and then transfer over with the other character and join the same tribe. No dinos/buildings lost, that way.

@Ragan @Skipper just a heads up that there was an update and the cluster is down right now.

Updating the servers now. Also turning off the Fear Evolved event.

Edit: Servers are updated, except the Island. That will be done in a few minutes.

The teaser trailer for Genesis Part 2. It looks pretty cool. Rockwell is now voiced by David Tennant.

Trailer:

Suppose I should work on beating rockwell before this goes live :P

I redownloaded this (only the base game, which I got eons ago, maybe even in early access?). Couldn’t find any servers that didn’t require DLCs or weren’t horrbad pings. Probably for the best, as I can’t remember how to play it!

@Skipper hosts several Qt3 servers. You can see all of them here: https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark?q=qt3_&sort=score Any that start with Qt3_ are Skippers

You get the Island with the base game and the Ragnarok , Valguero, & Crystal Isle maps are all free DLCs. They were originally mods that Wildcard moved into the base game and kept them free.

I searched for Qt3 but didn’t find anything, but the browser seemed to be acting up. I uninstalled anyhow. But thanks; if I try again, I will know where to look!

It’s possible he didn’t have some of the free maps and thought they were DLC. If you ever do install again, @TheWombat, if you have trouble finding the Qt3 servers there are tons of others out there that might not be The Island (Ragnarok & Valguero being the most popular), but still don’t require picking up DLC.

I’ve managed to get the Island map fixed. You can place structures now, including the Boss Item Packager.

After making some backups, I reverted the Island to a clean slate and removed a number of mods. Once I confirmed that was working, I added more mods and eventually reverted back the original Island backup.

The only mod not installed, atm, is Rare Sightings. That can be added back tomorrow.

My guess is one of the mods I removed then reinstalled got corrupted and partially worked. It didn’t kill the server, but it stopped a lot of structures from being placed.

@Ragan and after you did all that work, S+ got an update today! Server mismatch again. :)

Just found that out myself and working on it.

@greywind Crystal Isles and Valguero are up.

Huzzah! Solo killed the Gamma Overseer!

I was looking up tactics for fighting the Overseer when I found a video from TGT (Teacher’s Game Too).

I tried his method and I died. Well, I died trying to glide down to the ascension chamber. So I went back and got a rock drake and stealthed all the way down. Then I cryoed the rock drake and teleported to fight the Overseer.

Then I just used the tek chest piece jet pack and flew up in the air the whole fight and shot the boss with lots and lots and lots of shotgun shells. I went in with 1200 shells and used 457. The only real panic moment came when the Overseer had transformed into the dragon and I drifted down a bit and got in range of the dragon’s breath attack. I jumped back up and chugged a few med brews and went back to shooting.

It took me about 20 minutes to defeat the boss. I brought 55 element with me, used about 11 flying around, but I lost it all when I respawned back into the Island. Not a big deal, I’ve got plenty.

F-ing fantastic!! Jeez man, I had no idea a solo was even possible on the Overseer.

nice work there ragan!

Because Gamma isn’t good enough, I went and beat the Beta Overseer.

I used the same tactic, with one difference.
First I went to the Genesis and did the “Hunt by Moonlight” where you have to track down a tek giga in the lunar biome. One of the rewards from that is a tek rifle, which I got.

Next I installed the Upgradeable Tek Rifle mod (from the same guy who made the upgrade station) and upgraded the tek rifle to the max damage (300%).

Then it was the same as before. I just hovered around shooting the Overseer. I still used a shotgun for a lot of the fight because the tek rifle bullets have a travel time. If the Overseer was stationary or in the Dragon form (since it was pretty slow moving), I would use the tek rifle. Otherwise, I ended up using the shotgun because those bullets hit instantly. The Overseer itself moves around a lot and pretty fast, so there was no way I could hit it with the tek rifle, except when it was summoning more enforcers and attack drones. For a few seconds after it finishes summoning, it is stationary. That is when I would hammer it with the tek rifle.

Also, my trike chibi is now lvl 6, which gives me the full +5 max levels, so my current max level is 120 (105 base max level, +10 from the Beta Overseer, +5 from my chibi).

Next I think I’m going to either start on Rockwell or do some missions on Genesis. Or maybe both.

Edit: A fyi, I know it says when opening the tek cave that you don’t lose your boss trophies, but I wasn’t sure about the alpha items (alpha raptor claw, carno armor, rex tooth) you needed if you kept those or not. And you do not lose them either. You keep everything used in opening the tek cave, at least for Gamma and Beta. I assume Alpha is the same way.

I am part of the elite few now! I have officially finished the Island map. Midget (my son) and I took down the Alpha Overseer today.

The whole fight was the same as Gamma and Beta and went pretty fast because there were two of us. It is to bad there isn’t some other worth while reward, like element or some items, because once you defeat the Overseer there is no reason to go back in there, unless it is to help someone else.

ArkAlphaAscend

Now on to Aberration and Rockwell.

Nice! Keep meaning to get back in but time has not been my friend lately.

Congrats man!

Oh no.