Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

Me, ThornFalconeye and wisefool started playing on an unofficial server that has a small friendly stablished population (its still a pvp server tho) so if anyone wants to join us they are welcome.

Thorn and wise are just starting out, ill post the link later when im at my other pc.

I wish the character import feature weren’t disabled. I’ve heard it might still be enabled on non-official servers, though. Might join you guys either way.

I think its enabled but you have to get into some sort of ark console somewhere.

I’m super happy to announce the completion and official launch of the Southeast Lagoon Area Public Water Works!

Getting the pipes up there required a lot of wood scaffolding and trial and error, and I’m a little nervous that it’s not fully bronto proof. I really should have made it five levels high instead of three. but who knows, maybe it’s only his body, legs and tail that destroy objects. (Edit: It is brontosaurus proof!)

Using the scaffolding, I made my way up the sand to the rock wall, and was aided by the rock slope in my effort to get the pipe as far over and high as possible. standing in the area behind the closer sign.

The last several feet were extremely difficult and required going around, ascending up to the cliff top, and then descending partway down a protruding rock.

Here is the completed Remote Drinking Station, complete with maintenance chest.

Beachside station (“Public Drinking Station #1”).

This was very satisfying. Probably doesn’t stand a chance, but I don’t mind.

That is very very cool, great job

Spoilery maps via reddit:[ul]

[li]Hi-Res Ark Map (1280x1025) (via)[/li][li]With coordinates, color correction and large (3600x3600) (via)[/li][li]With coordinates, color correction and small (1200x1200) (via)[/li][li]“Community Map” with grid and cave locations (2623x2450) (updated version, via)[/li][/ul]

Apparently the deal with character transferring is, you can export from an Official server and import into an Unofficial server or (in the future) into another Official server, but you will never be able to import an Unofficial character into an Official server.

Unrelated: Caves guide

I have been having a nightmare. I am level 7 now. I get as far as building a thatch house, campfire etc and need hide to make my bed for respawning and end up dying everytime.

Anyways I am doing really well this time and have 11 hide so not too far to go and I managed to get lost, can’t find my house etc etc and it was getting dark wandering in the middle of nowhere when by some real luck I come across a previous house I built on top of an island surrounded by water.

I really couldn’t believe it when I saw it thoguht it was a mirage.

Anyone have any tips for getting hide, dods seem hard to find and the other creature I can kill runs off too fast and if I chase I end up getting eaten by a nastier dino.

barstein: You can build in water, so you could surround the intake with wood/metal walls which should do a good job protecting it from dinos/players.

Getting hide is best with a metal axe to chop up whatever you kill. Barring that a stone axe is going to get more hide too. The best progression early on is saddling a Raptor, then just going around killing everything on him (will get you tons of meat/hide/levels).

I’m level 62 so I’ve experienced a lot of the game now. The main thing I’ve been working on lately is trying to find and enter underwater caves for silica pearls. That is about the only resource I don’t have.

I am not sure I would say the best progression early on is to saddle a raptor, in that a raptor saddle can’t be unlocked until level 15, and then requires 110 hide. Certainly once you can find one, manage to stay alive long enough to tame one, and then also get enough hide to build the saddle it is a great way to progress past that, but for Reemul and others of us who aren’t to level 15 yet it can be rough. Location can really have a big impact Reemul, try traveling up or down the coast a bit to try and find some of the pig/hippo dinosaurs, they offer a lot of hide even with a stone axe. I try and find one that is near a lot of stone that I can try to trap it before killing it.

OK thanks for that, my base is near a quarry so maybe I can trap one in there. My start area has always been in the west, maybe try a different area next time I die.

Reemul, I feel your pain. I died a LOT early on – more than I have in any other MMO or survival game. Regarding hide and meat, I found that next to dodos, the Carbonemys (turtle) is easiest to kill. The trick I found was to try to always stay behind it until you take it down.

Pg, thanks for the intake protection tip. My system lasted two RL days before it was accidentally damaged when I enraged a triceratops near the tap on the cliff. Simply destroying the tap took down almost the whole thing.

Your recommendation for a metal axe is great, but isn’t that rather difficult for lower level players who can’t get to (or don’t know about) loot drops? (The refining forge is unlocked at a higher level.)

Just posted: Tribe Governance Options Info (from the devs)

What is each dino best at? (reddit)

At least until it takes pee and craps at where your water intake is :)

I was so sad when i finally tamed my phioma and i realized he can’t do anything :p

According to someone in that reddit thread, they’re good fighters.

The Elephant-pig thingies are beast in combat. They take like 5-10 minutes to train and are extremely tank. I currently have a hoard of about 15 of them ranging from 400 - 3000 life. They mob and kill anything or anyone. They killed 2 cocky guys on T-Rexs that laughed at me without a single casualty. My first 3 were jumped by a wild Rex and soloed it without my help as I was as out of ranged munitions.

In mass apparently. I managed to run away from a Carno while i was mounting it but otherwise they drain a lot of stamina so you cant sprint very long so no travel with them, they cant collect berries.

Tree house building “timelapse” (via, and more of a sped-up video than a timelapse video)

Someone hits that bottom pillar and everything goes down so hard.

It would takes you about a minute(?) with a metal axe to bring that tree house down I think.