Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

The cluster shares player data only from what I understand.

In practice, all servers have their own unique setup and can have different mods, maps, and game config file differences.

Btw, you guys had asked about saves. I dont remember what the time period is for server saves, but I get cloud saves of all data every 12 hours. We also have a reboot every day at 5AM EST with a save then as well.i can do simple restores myself, but one that requires some effort takes a ticket. Like, “please restore back to the point the world data isn’t corrupted.”

The host is quite good.

EDIT: The server save timeline is every 15 minutes. So along with the off-server backup every 12 hours, that’s not too bad.

@Ragan and @Grembel , I tied down the servers and enabled wandering and this hatched:

QT3_ARK_The_Center - (v279.282)
Connection Info: 155.254.28.106:27045

Now a new cluster member. Same server password as the rest, same admin password as well.

Enjoy!

@Ragan

I had a ton of things to do around the house yesterday so in the background I popped over to Scorched Earth and set up a small mini-base. I’m at the green Obelisk. I think that’s you on the other side of the water, but it might be your early base.

It went well, but I brought a mating pair of ravagers, so I had a HUGE leg up once I ran all the way to the Green Obelisk area from where I spawned in. I also had a full kit, including that set of ghillie armor.

I died once, not knowing what the hell I was doing regarding building/heat/sandstorm/heatwave. I promptly solved that issue with adobe building.

Some questions:

• How good is the wind power? Am I going to need multiple turbines? Is it purely free?
  • Where is crystal?
  • I see you have an oil derrick nearby, are those similar to the gas vents in Aberration, but for oil?

There are a ton of dinos I have no clue about, hell, most of them to be honest. I ran into a couple of rock elementals already but was able to escape. The ravagers are doing okay but I’m not sure how they will handle the extreme heat on the map. For now they are awesome at helping me lug around materials I’m gathering.

At any rate, I’ll be popping back to Aberration, but it’s nice to now have a bed I can spawn to on Scorched Earth.

You found Grem’s base at the green obelisk. I am at the blue.

Wind power is good and free, if you can find the right spot. If you hold down “H”, in the upper left where is shows the tempature info, it will have the wind percentage. Most places on the map are between 20% and 85%. Someone did a big investigative youtube video on it, places that have 20% wind will only provide power between 2pm and 5pm (not sure on the exact times). The higher the %, the large the time window. You only need one turbine. Multiple’s can be used as backups in case something destroys one of them.

The desert dunes are 100% wind which is why Grem and I have built our bases on the edge of the desert/inland areas. We still get access to water and the infinite wind power. Don’t build out in the desert itself unless you are fully prepared to lose it all to a random deathworm spawn.

Crystal is up on the brown-ish/black-ish mountains, there is one mountain like that near the center of the map, otherwise the entire mountain range on the west/south part of the map. Also, there is a tunnel by the red obelisk that goes through the mountains to the desert that has several dozen crystal and obsidan nodes in it.

Once you are in the SE tribe, use the stargate portal in Grem’s base to get there.

Yes, once you get an oil pump up, you will never run out of oil. Each pump, when full, holds 5k oil. Again, when you in the tribe, you can take as much as you want. I doubt anyone would even notice you took some.

Dino’s don’t care about the map temperature. Your ravagers will be fine and you will want them because over in the green obelisk area is a lot of raptors, which have the pounce and pin. I’ve been dismounted so many times by them. I’ve got decent armor so I survive the pin and get up and kill the raptor. The problem is when you get pinned and there are several raptors/daedons/sabers/terror birds and they all join in. Microraptors are a huge pain as well for the same reason.

Great answers. I’ll ping you guys when I see you on for an invite. Based on what you just said I might move just a touch closer to the dunes though, I’m not sure they are in sight distance from the dunes themselves, I’m assuming they do and you’d place the wind turbine there and wire it back to your base?

You can also set a regular generator to kick on automatically if there’s a power loss, as a backup (S+ required maybe? but y’all using that). In the previous Ragnarok server I managed to accidentally pick an ideal spot for wind power (my backup generator never did turn on). There’s also - supposedly - a limit to how far from the wind turbine’s you can run your power lines. I believe it was something like 25-30 foundations distance? Not sure if that was as the crow flies or wiring segments. In which case you might need multiple for a really large base.

I’ll definitely need to look this up or relocate just a bit.

I’m not positive it’s true, and I didn’t do any extensive testing. It happens my Ragnarok base had everything within that range, even counting wiring segments. So I’d do some reading before I went through the trouble of relocating :) I did find where I got the tidbit from though: the official wiki:

A wind turbine will only reach a distance equal to 29 cable lengths from the turbine itself. Anything beyond that will be dead power lines. A generator 30 lengths away, and a turbine on the opposite end will not work. The turbine must be within 29 cable lengths of the generator. Cables and Electrical Outlets past the 29th cable will show as unpowered and thus will never power anything connected via Electrical Outlets past that point when the Wind Turbine is active. (See the bug section for more information about this behavior)

Which is still a wee comfusing to me. It might be only for the case of having a backup generator in your power grid. And it’s apparently a bug, so who knows!

I present Mister Heat Miser!

Phoenix’s are a pain to get. One, you have find one. Two, when they are burrowed during non-super heat, wild dinos still see them and will attack and kill it.

I was able to find it because we have the name plate mod, so even though the phoenix was despawned, the nameplate showed. I built an enclosed pen over it and waited for the next super heat. I then used my uber crossbow (asc 700%, thank you upgrade station mod) and flame arrows to tame it.

It works as a mobile refining forge (smelting metal and making gas) and cooks raw meat. It can harvest rock/metal nodes and it poops silca pearls.

Good lord, WORTH IT!!
That’s awesome, man, congrats!!!

Nice work!

I will be absent for a week or so after friday. Taking the girls to disney. Should be back next Sat.

I bet somebody’s kids are excited. Have a good trip and hopefully no one get’s sick.

I mentioned earlier that you can find phoenix’s while they are burrowed because of the nameplate mod we use. Here is what it looks like. Miget noticed it when I was out re-re-finding the artifact cave entrances.

He is fully enclosed, so nothing can chomp on him. Now I just have to wait for the next super heat to tame him.

Very good to know. I’m enjoying Arizona but the heat, wow. I feel like I’m actually in an overpopulated scorched earth server.

haHAHAHA so true

Hey @Skipper, Ark released an update and since it was a major version update (from v279 to v280) anyone that updates their client cannot login to the servers.

Can you force a server update?

Edit: Guess it doesn’t matter now. I’m done gaming for the night and it will be taken care of tomorrow morning.

Should see me in and about this weekend just got back from the land of Disney.

I see people on so I’m not sure if the nightly update caught it. Ether way I just issued a forced update on Scorched Earth and will check the rest once I’m home from the lake.

iOS version just launched. It’s pretty engaging, but it’s frustrating how easy it is to get killed by just about everything.

Trip let me know you guys got it. Much appreciated. I was boating, my connectivity is … lacking sometimes when on the lake.

I see the new mounds with bones, but I should read up on what this update has.