Arkane Austin's System Shock-Inspired Prey (2017) Reboot

After 25 hours I wrapped this up at last, and I think I got more out of the setting (and especially the ending) than you might have, seems like. I just couldn’t get enough of these characters (and I really loved that there so many survivors to interact with) and I just loved the setting (including but not limited to the “science” of the world, from Looking Glass tech to fabrication, for example) and by the end of the game I felt like I had lived on that station, I was able to navigate it so well. I would often feel bummed at finding a body and associating a name with emails I had previously read, even.

It was kind of a great setup, feeling at the start lost and confused just like your character would have and by the end feeling like you owned the place.

@DeepT There were some really fun ways to deal with the issue you blurred out, by the end of my time with the game I found them quite the boon, actually! But also, did you know if you pile stuff in front of the observer fabrication stations they malfunction and can’t process more droids until the area is clear? :) Great way to stem the tide!

The end of the game was very impressive, just from a technical perspective if nothing else, but also the multitude of ways it can play out and all that leading up to one … I hesitate to use any sort of proper adjective here, so let’s just go with “incredible” post-credit sequence that really cleared a lot of shit up while also asking many more questions. I did some reading after I watched my ending and it seems like there are several ways the ending can go, based on your decisions in the game, which I always appreciate. I even got some achievements for how I performed.

This is definitely a GOTY contender for me, and I eagerly await the day when I have cause to jump into a new game and do it all over again.