Army of the Dead - Zack Snyder returns to zombies with Netflix

Why? Sure, his comic book movies have been more miss-than-hit, but his previous zombie flick, the Dawn of the Dead reboot, was pretty fun.

That’s the only reason I want to see this. I’m curious what current Snyder will do with zombies compared to the Snyder of almost 20 years ago.

I can already see a lot more slo-mo.

I share the sentiments above. Tig greatly increases my interest. Although it looks like a fun ride anyway for 90 minutes. I’m decidedly not a Zach Snyder fan, but hopefully this is a bit of a lighter take…

Although, I have to admit, I was more interested in the story of Kenny Roger’s The Gambler that I’ve heard a hundred times than the 1st half of that trailer.

Man, I don’t think I know you people at all. It’s Oceans Eleven, but with zombies! And Drax! I mean sure, I’d probably have gone with Rocket given the choice, but he’s good too! And was that Garret Dillahunt in there too? This is going to be awesome.

Hah yeah, a dumb action movie starring Batista and it’s on a service I’m already subbed to? Count me in.

Looks a lot more fun than any of the 2020 Oscar nominees.

Things keep going this way, Tig won’t be able to do Under a Rock anymore.

what’s a Tig?

Look a few posts above.

I thought you were talking about the Sons of Anarchy character, Tig, so I kept looking for him in the movie trailer. Then I thought it might not be referring to a person, lol. Presume that’s a character name for her in something else, or is it actually her real name?

Tig Notaro is her name, if it’s real, depends on how real you consider other actors names, it’s not her birth name.

Thanks for clearing that up, man! Looks like she’s done a lot so I’m clearly just out of touch on such things.

Is this a sketch? Because Tig Notaro used to do a show where she interviewed famous people she had never heard of…

I’ve never heard of her. And this is not a sketch.

Tig Notaro had a pretty good feature in EW a while back about Army of the Dead. She discussed how not famous she is, and how acting isn’t really her thing.

“My agent called and told me that they wanted me for the film and I said, ‘Oh, okay, cool, so they’re looking at a few people,’ and she said, ‘No, they want you ,’” Notaro recalls. “And I said, ‘Oh, that’s really interesting,’ because it’s not my typical role. I’ve done Star Trek: Discovery , but I’ve certainly never been in an action film.”

“It felt a little daunting,” Notaro says, “but Zack basically just told me it’s a sarcastic, comedic role and said he wanted me to do exactly what I do — which is good because I always tell directors, when they walk up to me to give me direction, ‘Before you say anything, just keep in mind that I have no range.’”

The interesting bit here is that she’s digitally replacing Chris D’Elia in the role after the film was wrapped in 2019. (D’Elia had some, uh… issues.) It’s very much a Plummer/Spacey situation in All the Money in the World.

Wow. Well, that adds some spice.

If anyone else is, like me, curious how they’re getting Tig actually into this movie that had completed shooting before she was even brought onboard, here’s a pretty good article about the details.

Even if this weren’t a zombie movie about a heist in Vegas, I would tune in just to see how this turns out.

And hey, looks like reviews are starting to pop up!

edit: the top link goes to a Hollywood Reporter review, not sure why it looks like it points to IMDB

Saw this yesterday. It was fun being in a theater again, but I thought this movie was pretty bad. We had watched the 2004 Dawn of the Dead about a week ago, and while that one isn’t perfect, it was a lot better than this.

So this is out