Ascension - Qt3 league

Scott Dobros over JustinFletcher

Not in Lost Cities.

McTwitch78 over soonanother 72-62

Tyjenks, I have had that problem and another one where it says it’s my move and the game crashes when I click on it but that was last summer. I haven’t had any recent problems. Opkopk seems to think it’s the inferior phone I have. I think he’s a tech snob.

It happens in the Penny Arcade game all the damn time.

Hey Dave - you’re supposed to be the mathematician amongst us, how do you feel about the fact that you gave the new school punx worse odds than us suave and debonnaire old schoolers?

I mean, if they get a point every time they beat one of us, and vice-versa, and there are 11 of us and 18 of them, doesn’t that …

Oh, wait, I see where you were going. Never mind.

Nixxter, I know what you mean! I did a double-take when I realized that we don’t HAVE to have the same number of people on each team, as long as we each play one game against every person.

I think.

Yeah…makes sense, because it’s 1-to-1. Every match has an Old and New, so you they can’t be uneven. It’s 11x18 vs 18x11.

How do people keep track of who they’ve played? Do we get a fancy bracket graph, or just keep track offline? (Also, mad props to Dave for fancy graphics, and for running all the leagues in general).

Also, is there some way to indicate that a match is a league match? Doesn’t look like there’s any way to enter challenge text or anything. Not that it matters how I’ll play, just wondering.

Oh there will be some fancy graphics!

No, you can’t indicate a league match. Just assume that if you are playing someone for the first time, it counts.

Emos over Tyjenks in a tie-breaker 77-77

I bet you miss the “ties are draws” rule now.

pacman over soonanother 67-65

Close one, well played. Things just came together just right in my last couple turns to nip you despite your bevy of draw cards.

soonanother over hungarike
soonanother over bovril!
Some terrific luck there for me. Brought PRIME, which uncovered the dream machine, and I had a mechana in my hand.
soonanother over ironcub Close one!

Update: Cre8tiveCat has been moved from the New School to the Old School. Some of you old-timers may remember her as Strazberry. When Mark, her dad, explained the difference between the schools, she said,

I wanna play in the old school because I don’t want to be with a bunch of NOOBS.

Haha. Awesome! Welcome CC!

Tyjenks over Scott Dobermans.

I am not ready to speak about my loss to Emos yet. [shakes fist at Gus]

Well the game against me was a bloodbath. There was one turn in particular that I thought would never end…

Yeah, sometimes things just work out and if you get the right balance of cards, it gets ugly. If it makes you feel better, it was fun for me. ;)

Sweet, finally an old schooler. Sending out invites now. Prepare to GTFO our collective lawn, punks.

bovril over Tyjenks damn that was close…
bovril over Justin Fletcher

Good game. Also, I hate myself. :)

bigdruid def bovril 80-68 in a rare (for me) real-time game. Good game! Treasures of the Study put me over the top when I could never quite get any banishing going.